XSplit and streaming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JarlaxelBaenre

11-13-2012

G'day lol community.

A friend and I want to stream ranked matches in S3, and I have a few questions for people who stream. Basically, to deliver a high quality experience to viewers, will we have to dish out the sub fee for the new premium version of xSplit?

If I have over ~5 mb/s upload speed and a strong I7, would I be able to stream HD without the premium version?

If anyone knows or can link to documentation or anything helpful, I'd appreciate it.

JarlaxelBaenre

11-13-2012

bump, would kinda like an answer ... :/

bcboncs

11-13-2012

FFSplit ftw

CorruptDictator

11-13-2012

If you want to stream in HD, yes you will have to shell out for the premium access.

Rohit Nathani

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlaxelBaenre View Post
G'day lol community.

A friend and I want to stream ranked matches in S3, and I have a few questions for people who stream. Basically, to deliver a high quality experience to viewers, will we have to dish out the sub fee for the new premium version of xSplit?

If I have over ~5 mb/s upload speed and a strong I7, would I be able to stream HD without the premium version?

If anyone knows or can link to documentation or anything helpful, I'd appreciate it.
yeah you'll be fine.

JarlaxelBaenre

11-13-2012

Quote:
FFSplit ftw
Is this similar to xSplit, but free?

Quote:
If you want to stream in HD, yes you will have to shell out for the premium access.
What about 720p?

bcboncs

11-13-2012

FFSplit is free, yes.

Unfortunately I have a Radeon HD6870 and a 1mbps upload connection so I have a bottleneck somewhere. I cannot tell you if it is possible to stream 720p/1080p from FFSplit or not but I would think you would be able to since you can tell it what resolution and bitrate.

JarlaxelBaenre

11-13-2012

Alright, thanks guys.

We'll be trying out both of these solutions soon. Thanks again!

Tspiggs

11-13-2012

you will be able to stream in 720p for free. also if you are using the free version you will need to change the game settings for it to show up on stream. you will need to change your game to boarderless. if you dont dothat with the free version all your audience will see is a black screen.

Fire Radish

11-13-2012

You do not need to shell out any money for xsplit; the free version allows for 25fps which looks fine on twitch. Do not worry about upgrading unless your stream really starts to take-off.

There are also many alternatives to xsplit that are free. I don't know that it is popular with LoL, but Adobe Media Encoder is a free streaming product.

5mb/s upload is plenty for your stream. In fact, that is what I have currently :P

Feel free to add my on league if you want to ask more questions!