How can I fight my Depression?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulWizard View Post
That is something we can agree on. Some depression is caused by being around insensitive people LIKE YOU

As somebody who has suffered from depression for nine ****ing years, I feel I can say with certainty that it is not an excuse.

What I can say, however, is that while it is an inhibitor, and while you /do/ legitimately feel it (For instance my thoughts of suicide and my desire to become transient from all of my friends and/or severe ties with people for no apparent reason increases heavily during winter when I suffer from a vitamin D deficiency which augments my depression), it's all mental and literally in your head.

What I'm trying to say is while it's real, and it is /used/ as an excuse, it doesn't have to be. People will milk it until they're ready, I know I did.

But when you are ready? You may not stop feeling depressed, or the symptoms associated with it, but you stop letting it destroy your life.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

I don't really want to get into an argument about nature vs. nurture. But, I'm 99.9% sure depression is caused by both.

Yummy Blueberry

11-10-2012

Quote:
I trust the doctors, scientists, and God, not some random on the internet. And of course you have no legitimate studies to back your claim, as of now, it's just your opinion. It's sad that a lot of people think their opinion is a fact. But, I guess that's what uneducated people do. They "believe" their opinions are fact
there are many legitimate studies lol.

Not many that will say that any drug is completely harmless. You are funny and regurgitating populist thought.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Blueberry View Post
there are many legitimate studies lol.

Not many that will say that any drug is completely harmless. You are funny and regurgitating populist thought.
And you still haven't listed any "legitimate studies" showcasing the harm of non-smoked marijuana. You're an anti-science ignoramus regurgitating propaganda

Yummy Blueberry

11-10-2012

Quote:
And you still haven't listed any "legitimate studies" showcasing the harm of non-smoked marijuana. You're an anti-science ignoramus regurgitating propaganda
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...s-as-an-adult/

etc. etc.

this the first thing that came up. I'm not going to go high nerd cred and write you a paper., but weed is and has always been a drug. Anything I can throw out there you will immediately claim illegitimacy, because you are an idiot and a troll.

To be fair. I'll link this.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/1...h-lung-damage/

granted it's just one study, in either case. But you've made it clear you are 100 percent pro weed, don't care about science one way or the other, and would likely spew B.S all day if I gave you the chance.

MasterfulWizard

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Blueberry View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57501243-10391704/smoking-marijuana-regularly-as-a-teen-may-lower-iq-scores-as-an-adult/

etc. etc.

this the first thing that came up. I'm not going to go high nerd cred and write you a paper., but weed is and has always been a drug. Anything I can throw out there you will immediately claim illegitimacy, because you are an idiot and a troll.

To be fair. I'll link this.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-smoking-marijuana-not-linked-with-lung-damage/

granted it's just one study, in either case. But you've made it clear you are 100 percent pro weed, don't care about science one way or the other, and would likely spew B.S all day if I gave you the chance.
"may" "smoking" those are the keywords. You obviously didn't read my request. I asked you to give me a source saying that NON-smoked marijuana is harmful.

Please, learn to read. Maybe if you had some marijuana edibles you'd be capable of reading at an adult level! Also, the sample size was only 1k, that's hardly science. It even says in the article that it's not definitive evidence. You really should read the article before linking it.

Still waiting on that one article that says non-smoked marijuana is harmful. You are obviously anti-weed and will continue to spew B.S. all day

Reconsul

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
You are by far one of the stupidest people I have ever met.
Quote:
1. You're a dumb ****.

3. I'm not on any medication right now, dumb ****.
4. See #1.
Quote:
dip****.
Quote:
morons like you

go fuck yourself
Quote:
you are admitting that you're an ignorant person who doesn't know shit? But I already knew this.
Quote:
OP face, shut the fuck up about things you don't understand.
Just because someone said something that might be incorrect doesn't make it okay to be disrespectful to them.

Why don't you explain why they're wrong instead of belching insults?

MasterfulWizard

11-10-2012

It can be frustrating when people are willing to maintain their ignorance instead of learning.

It would be more simple if people could learn through osmosis, then I'd just hit them with books when they spew their ignorance.

Mista Jangles

11-10-2012

A guy wants to fight his depression and a bunch of kids come into the thread yelling at each other. Classy as always.

the flail

11-10-2012

Anyways OP, I hope this conversation helped with you're depression =P.

Edit: Our thoughts, they're aligned, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomine View Post
A guy wants to fight his depression and a bunch of kids come into the thread yelling at each other. Classy as always.