Requirements for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vulgarwolf

11-10-2012

I feel that there should be a few more requirements to ranked games, i know you must have x amount of champs to play ranked...but to see players in ranked with no runes at all...this puts the team at a complete disadvantage.

Thoughts discussion

chomcham

11-10-2012

This is just one of the many complaints people have about ranked games.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-10-2012

If playing without runes is a disadvantage, players who play with no runes will lose more games than they win and will fall in Elo, while you, playing with runes, won't lose as many games and won't fall as low.

vulgarwolf

11-10-2012

until you are paired with people with no runes who drag you down with their losses.

I mean look at lolking and scott hobson

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarwolf View Post
until you are paired with people with no runes who drag you down with their losses.

I mean look at lolking and scott hobson
That's one game. And if you always have a full rune page, then the enemy is about 20% more likely to get a player with no runes than you are.

But my point stands. Even if you sometimes get these players on your team, if YOU are not doing that and it actually effects your winning odds, you'll win more games out of 100 than they will (they won't be on your team every time).

vulgarwolf

11-10-2012

Regardless of how frequent they are on the team, runes are more important than having a certain amount of champs

futuresight23

11-10-2012

Enough rune pages and runes to play several roles would probably help. Maybe if there could be a tutorial to ranked games added it could help get people ready.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarwolf View Post
Regardless of how frequent they are on the team, runes are more important than having a certain amount of champs
The only reason there is a champion requirement for ranked is because:

a) You can't play free week champions in ranked.
b) There are 6 banned champions and you can't have the same champion as any of the other 9 champions in the game.

Therefore, you must own 16 champions.

It's not Riot saying "Hey, once you own 16 champions, you're experienced enough to do ranked."

It's Riot saying "Hey, if you own 3 champions and they all get banned out, the lobby is basically broken."