Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I love jungling but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psycho Mantis

11-09-2012

I hate using all the cliche junglers, like Lee Sin, Skarner, Mundo etc. I prefer the ones deeper in the box, not too deep, maybe half way like, Gangplank. I have been really tempted to pull out Sejuani, because unlike alot of people I actually like her, she does need some buffs, but that ult of hers... man I love it. Can anyone suggest any good junglers that are deeper in the box?

I do love the GP jungle, heck even tried Darius jungle and enjoyed that. Just wanting to expand the list of good junglers but are unused, and I feel Sejuani is such a champion. Any others I could give a go?

I do prefer the tanky champions too, I aim to be able to semi-carry, mainly because I duo with a friend (this is blind pick btw, we stopped doing ranked since it is almost end of season), and he goes mid alot, generally as Zyra.

Heck, I even tried Galio jungle once, sure his ganks are semi decent and require the Q to hit, but he brings so much to team fights, plus the Q does hit like a truck early/mid game.

Magus Crow

11-09-2012

Xin Zhao, Irealia, Rammus, Hecarim, Cho'Gath, Olaf.

Those are all relatively uncommon sights but can all jungle to at least some degree. Irealia is probably the most 'out of the box' suggestion in that list.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-09-2012

Keep an eye out for S3's changes.

Quote:
Statikk:

We’ve made some jungle changes in the coming patch, aimed mostly at easing the early game pressure on the lanes and opening up the roster of viable junglers. I’m Statikk, and I was the primary designer on the preseason jungle changes. Here’s an in-depth look at how we plan on accomplishing these goals.

Reducing early game pressure

Season Two opened up more opportunities for junglers to create early game action through ganking lanes. Although this had an overall positive effect on the game, the current rate and effectiveness of early jungle ganking (particularly through brush camping) applies an overwhelming amount of pressure to the lanes. This significantly reduces the number of champions that can lane effectively by requiring them to either be able to farm from a very safe distance or have a reliable means of quick escape.

To alleviate some of this early pressure, we want to make early ganking from the jungle a more difficult, conscious choice that will require constant monitoring of the risks involved. To accomplish this, we are increasing the damage dealt by jungle monsters. This means that junglers who gank early will likely be at lower health and not equipped with Boots of Speed unless they’re specialized or have made tradeoffs in other areas.

To combat this spike in jungle difficulty, we’re introducing several jungle-specific items to the game. For example, Hunter’s Machete is a great starting item which can be purchased at the beginning of the game to help you efficiently clear jungle. It also eventually upgrades into multiple build paths that include several of your favorite mid game jungle items such as Madred’s Razor and Wriggle’s Lantern.

Increasing Jungle diversity

In Season Two, strong junglers were typically characterized by high area-of-effect damage, utility skills, and early ganking presence. During the preseason, we want to increase the diversity of viable junglers by ensuring that champions with other strengths can also shine.

Firstly, we are going to reduce the emphasis on area-of-effect damage dealers by re-balancing more of the health and damage into the large monster in each of the camps. This allows single-target damage dealers such as Gangplank to have more competitive clear times.

Next, we’re also going to significantly increase the rewards (gold and XP) and scaling difficulty (health and damage that the monsters gain over time) of the jungle as a game progresses. This way junglers who shift their focus toward farming the jungle efficiently can acquire gold and experience faster. This opens up the jungle to many of the more damage-focused and gold-reliant champions like Master Yi who need to scale into the later parts of the game.

Lastly, as we mentioned earlier, we’re going to increase the damage dealt by monsters in the jungle. This should allow high-sustain junglers such as Warwick or Fiddlesticks to break back into rotation by giving them an edge over the competition.

The new items will also be a factor here by opening up build paths for champions who previously had poor jungle itemization such as mages and attack damage casters.

Quality of Life and Meta Adjustments

We are also making many other smaller adjustments to the jungle, including:

• Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
  • Wraith camp gold rewards have been reduced and golem and wolf camp gold rewards have been increased to better match their respective difficulty and convenience
  • The wraiths have reduced attack range and the large wraith has been repositioned within the camp to force mid laners to commit more when farming them for extra gold
  • The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane

Overall, we hope these preseason changes will make the jungle a place where more varied champions, roles, and playstyles are viable. We don’t intend to remove any of the junglers that are currently viable – only add to the lineup.

As usual, we’re open to making changes as things develop, and we want to hear your feedback on both new junglers and your standbys as you experiment. Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment once you’ve hit the Fields of Justice!

No word on when they'll hit, but shouldn't be more than a few patches out.

Nidilen

11-09-2012

Hey TickleMeElmoo

One jungler that has recently gone unused is udyr! He has great clear and ganks, becomes really tanky, and can deal a decent amount of damage!

I have also tried some fun junglers, like ziggs or morgana. They are really good because they have the aoe to take out the jungle (but only do them if you have a team that is okay with it haha). They are not the best champions, but still things to try!

But also remember season 3 is right around the corner, so the jungle will be changing!

Happy Summoning
~Nidilen

RecdToy

Recruiter

11-09-2012

The obvious one you missed is Warwick. Can be very tanky and can stay in the jungle for days.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-09-2012

Quote:
RecdToy:
The obvious one you missed is Warwick. Can be very tanky and can stay in the jungle for days.

With the current jungle however, you don't want to stay in the jungle for days. The lack of lane pressure and limited income from jungle monsters makes it... less than ideal.

Magus Crow

11-09-2012

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
With the current jungle however, you don't want to stay in the jungle for days. The lack of lane pressure and limited income from jungle monsters makes it... less than ideal.

To be fair Warwick does have the rather unique ability to solo dragon pretty early if he's left alone to do it. But yeah... staying in the jungle for days isnt really helping anything with the way it is currently constituted unless you are constantly counter-jungling. The problem with Warwick is that his clear time is too low to counter-jungle effectively without the opposing jungler just trading with him and taking his jungle in return.

IsshuukanFriends

11-10-2012

Trundle jungle is a blast of fun!
You should really try him out he has the best jokes in the game lol
Time to Troll!

Fs Son0fSilas

11-10-2012

AD Sion
Another champ that can solo dragon very early on. Comes out of the jungle with a VERY strong single target stun. Easily kited...

Karthus
Moderately strong ganks with his wall, however highely blue dependant, and exceedingly easy to to catch and kill. Melts like butter.

Alistar
Able to gank as soon as he finishes doing blue, hard CC unaffected by tenacity, TANKY AS ****.

Olaf
Clear times on par with Sion, comes out of the jungle dealing true damage. Damage won't be as high as lane Olaf.

JARVAN IV
SINGLE MOST UNDERATED JUNGLER. Flag increases armor and attack speed, comes out of the jungle level 2 dealing heavy magic and physical damage, while knocking enemies up and reducing their armor. High Skill cap requires timing and patience. Strong tank for his team, moderately high clear times, ganks often while still being able farm camps. Neither Blue nor Red dependant.

fastplay

11-10-2012

@Magus Crow I think he talking about outside the box jungler not jungler that uncommon yes but they not unheard of.

@TickleMeElmoo gp is not really outside the box but Zyra, Galio and for Darius all I got to said is I really dislike seeing it some one go jungle darius seen it abit this week and most of them are not to good and darius clear time is on the low end for jungler