Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Item: Nashor's Forbidden Enchant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verliswolf

11-09-2012

I was at work and a cool idea for an item popped into my head. its a completely new idea compared to all of the current items but may or may not have come up as an idea before.

Tier: Legendary

Ingredients
Majai's soulstealer
Sword of the Occult

Cost: 3404g (800g)

Effects:
+25 AP
+25 AD
+25 Defense
+25 Magic Resist
UNIQUE Passive: All damage dealing abilities gain +.1 AP scaling and +.1 AD scaling. Effect is reduced on % scaled abilities.

I was thinking that an item that slightly improves scaling at a fairly high cost would be an interesting risk for a bursty champion but mostly a cool idea for hybrid champions. Dont know about the boosts the item gives or the ingredients but I like the idea of the passive in some way.

Naokazu

11-09-2012

While an interesting idea, this would be absurdly powerful on certain characters; Dr. Mundo for instance. It would have to do something more like increase scaling from AP and AD by 10%, turning a .8 ratio to .88, etc.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

11-09-2012

First; holy ****, that's powerful.

Second; you're building it from Mejai's and Occult. I'm not even sure if those items are going to remain in the game, what with Xypherous completely changing up the items during the preseason, and even if they did, they wouldn't be allowed to build into a hybrid's god-tier wet dream.

Third, and rhetorical; why do people keep suggesting these insane item concepts? Very few of them have studied the game's balance enough to understand how powerful what they suggest is. They just waltz into this forum and just think anything is acceptable; that's almost the whole reason why Xypherous only posts in here during the preseasons, and only then to give information on a few things like Riot's stance on Spell Vamp.

Nykidemus

11-10-2012

Because discussion, even if it's discussing things that may be too strong or too weak for the live game, still brings out interesting concepts - like this one. Adjusting the scaling on abilities is a new idea - and while it may not be implemented, there's no reason we cant talk about it.

The Blue Jelly

11-10-2012

I'm with Dead on this one. Dead because yeah, this is ridiculously strong. But while the idea of increasing scaling itself hasn't really been suggested before, how is that any different from a Rabadon's %AP Multiplier?

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

11-10-2012

Quote:
Nykidemus:
Because discussion, even if it's discussing things that may be too strong or too weak for the live game, still brings out interesting concepts - like this one. Adjusting the scaling on abilities is a new idea - and while it may not be implemented, there's no reason we cant talk about it.

Quote:
The Blue Jelly:
I'm with Dead on this one. Dead because yeah, this is ridiculously strong. But while the idea of increasing scaling itself hasn't really been suggested before, how is that any different from a Rabadon's %AP Multiplier?

Jelly beat me to my response

The Blue Jelly

11-10-2012

Quote:
Exdeadman:

Jelly beat me to my response

HA! Finally I've beaten you to the punch! About time!

Rimmøn

Recruiter

11-10-2012

This seems like a good idea, and a nice little touch to the snowballing mechanic, maybe just some touch ups and it would be a valid item, and give the sword of occult/soulstealer somewhere to go.

Muspelheim SN

11-10-2012

Is there any particular reason why this item loses the passives from the items it builds from? With the exception of GP10 items and Catalyst upgrades, no items lose passives upon upgrading, and those two are acceptable because the GP10 and healing upon level up are early/mid game passives that most champions want to trade in for different passives later on.

I see no reason why this item would build from the snowball items.