Weekly welfare team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Proletaria

11-22-2009

Most of my games are solo, but i run a 5man team with my friends whever possible, however, since release only one or two of us has purchased the champ pack(s) and gained access to all of the champ options.

I'm been trying to theorycraft a decent/balanced team to work with given our limitations, it seems we tend to play our matches fairly well, but end up loosing slowly to superior champs and team makeups. I realize the general template for a 5 is: Tank/Ranged/Caster/Melee/Support. Anyone have any tips or strats for an intermediate team that wants to see a few more wins?

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-22-2009

Since when is that the template? I thought it was always Tank/Tank/Tank/TankSupport/TankPhysical DPS.

Jddogg

11-22-2009

or Tank/Tank/Tank/Randomflavoroftheweekdpshero/Soraka

Proletaria

11-22-2009

Clearly i've got some learning to do, or i was trolled... i suppose you mean 5 tanks with aoe and roamin the map in a gank squad for the enemy team?

Yeshua

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
... i suppose you mean 5 tanks with aoe and roamin the map in a gank squad for the enemy team?
Yup

Severla

11-22-2009

Nothing urges you more to smash your face into the monitor than Blitz/Nunu/Cho/Malph/Nasus charging down your lane. Have fun going near that.

Yeshua

11-22-2009

Quote:
Nothing urges you more to smash your face into the monitor than Blitz/Nunu/Cho/Malph/Nasus charging down your lane past 2 of your towers taking next to no damage because they armor stacked and chased you all the way back to base chain stunning/snaring you til you died, then walked back through those towers w/o dying.
Fixed.

Severla

11-22-2009

That was the point, I just kept it simple hehe.

Dayoni

11-22-2009

I recommend taking a look at the IP prices for the different champs and seeing if there are any low priced ones that you've used before. Notable champs with great bang for buck are Soraka and Kayle for 450 IP.

Tanks tend to cost a bit more so you might want to have whoever bought the game play that role.
A full list of IP prices for all the champs can be found at Champion Prices - If you're too lazy to check store.

Proletaria

11-23-2009

Thanks for the replies, i'll look into getting the chain-disable/tank team going. On another note: whats the early game for that team? I guess 1 of them jungles and the rest play very defensive until you have ults/items enough to plow a lane (and/or their exposed team)?