Ryze and RoA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackDAILO

11-09-2012

I've been playing a bit of Ryze.

Usually when I play him on Proving Grounds, I would rush a Rod of Ages since all the stats are very good for him. He can offer quite a bit of burst early-mid game even without it being fully charged.

But that is not the case in Dominion as game lasts substantially shorter than that of Proving Grounds. As I rush Rod of Ages, many defensive items are pushed until later.

To RoA or not to RoA?

HaIfhearted

11-09-2012

RoA is pretty good on Ryze, even in Dominion.
You have to play a tad more safe, but its still a great purchase.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I like it unless the opposing team has a lot of magic damage, then Odyns is better. My philosophy is, "You can't deal damage while you are dead"

Orphane

11-09-2012

Rod of Ages is a strong purchase on Ryze. One of the few champions it's actually worth getting for, actually.

ricedream5

11-09-2012

It's not really a bad item for Ryze, but I feel like having a glacial early on is more important than rushing the roa. I like stacking a couple of glacial/fh first for the 425/500 mana or maybe get a revolver and then just building the catalyst into an odyns later... I feel like you need to rush it in dominion, but you still probably want your tears first and glacial/fh is really more effective as your next item.

blackDAILO

11-10-2012

Ahh, thanks for the input guys

SuperQuackDuck

11-12-2012

I really like roa on ryze because of his relatively low cds. It makes sense to get survivability if you can constantly dish out the damage. Ive tried no roa and its a bit more powerful but you'd have to really time that ult, and a good cc team will make you dead.

So yes. Roa.

brownbruiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

buy roa
scale harder
?????
profit