The Trials of Valoran ( Mage Competition / Semi-open RP )

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

11-09-2012

In the vast land between the city-states of Zaun and Noxus, there is a large structure. One day it suddenly appeared, as if by some magical force, seemingly from nowhere! This enormous edifice, comprised of magically empowered mechanisms, in the guise of a colosseum does nothing to obscure the identity of its creator.

The Machine Herald lurks within, surrounded by equipment meant to record the event that would take place soon enough. And within the structure, in the designated waiting chamber that contestants find themselves in after entering, was a sizable glass sphere displaying the visage of the host himself.

"Greetings, participants. If you have arrived at this destination then you have chosen to take part in this glorious competition I have arranged for all the mightiest mages in Runeterra! Instead of simply battling your fellow practitioners of magics directly, you will be put to the test in carefully designed trials meant to test your magical capabilities. Once you enter through to the central area, you will be subject to the rules of this tournament, which are as follows:

You may use any spells or magics at your disposal as you see fit, save for certain limitations which I will soon make known.

Under no circumstances are you to kill your fellow competitors. Disabling and sending them elsewhere are acceptable, however. You may also attempt to get them disqualified via the loss of their Mana Accelerator

This event will be recorded so as to show the rest of Valoran your talents, as such do NOT under ANY circumstances interfere with the recording equipment I have set up throughout the arena.

External assistance is STRICTLY prohibited. You may NOT have allies from beyond the perimeters of this structure help you in ANY manner save spiritual support. Any non-competitor caught within these walls will be dealt with promptly and accordingly.

Here in the waiting chamber you will soon receive an item. This is a device I call a "Mana Accelerator" which accelerates your natural mana regeneration and is your lifeline in this competition. If you lose this item, remove it, or allow it to be damaged you will be disqualified without exception.

Do NOT leave the premises. I disapprove completely of those who only compete for some personal amusement until such time as they no longer experience exhilaration. This is also to prevent the theft of the Mana Accelerators you will all receive, as the last thing I want is for them to suddenly arrive in the Black Market at the profit of someone else.

Certain equipment of yours can and will be rejected on a case by case basis. Generally, only that which is essential to your magics will be allowed. My acolytes will screen you before entry to verify that you have not brought contraband with you into this competition. Generally anything that could be used by Champions on the Fields of Justice are PROHIBITED. Oh, and any equipment I have given you - such as augments or items of import - is acceptable.

Now then, with the specifics out of the way, do try your best in this competition. And may the best mage win!"

After this announcement, the image in the sphere fades away and a dozen or so of Viktor's acolytes - including Asimov Imperas, adorned in his gauntlets and visor, and William "Bill" Dexer, with his trademark "Dexter Fist" prosthetic - appear to bestow the Mana Accelerators to those who have decided to take part in this challenge. The devices resemble bracelets, with metal segments connected via a pair of parallel chords that would wrap around the wrist. Along these pieces are small nodes meant to send a jolt into the wearer, to stimulate mana production.

-----

Trials of Valoran Synopsis

Participating Mages
Veigar
Xerath
Kassadin
Admiral Titus
Eredale
Cruciatus
Sergen
Arkonnis/Issen
Damian Faust
Benjimen Fires
Arixus

Eliminated Mages

Preparation Period
The contestants began to arrive and after a long period of waiting, finally watched Viktor give his announcement introducing and explaining the competition. Following this, they were gifted with devices meant to hyper-accelerate their mana regeneration rate.

Trial of Power
Group: Veigar, Kassadin, Morgana, Xerath, Admiral Titus, Eredale, Cruciatus, Sergen, Arkonnis/Issen, Faust, Benjimen

Trial of Gravity

Trial of Death

Trial of Chaos

----

{{ OOC Thread }}

Ask the Herald

11-09-2012

{{ Now accepting participants! }}

AsktheBlindFist

11-09-2012

((I'm allowed to join since I'm a mage right?))

Ask Morgana FA

11-09-2012

((how does one apply for this competition, per se?))

Hero of Piltover

11-09-2012

((Xerath not allowed. 2stronk. >_>))

Ask the Herald

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Magus View Post
((how does one apply for this competition, per se?))
{{ Just show up. It's not like Viktor is hiding the existence of this arena thing.

EDIT:

I quoted the wrong post. }}

Ask Morgana FA

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronei View Post
((Xerath not allowed. 2stronk. >_>))
((you just jelly of my powahs ^)^ ))

Dear Morgana

11-09-2012

((...Maybe. I need to think about this.))

AskCrimsonLord

11-10-2012

((Time to spread the superaids.))

Archoness Syndra

11-10-2012

((Intriguing...I'll think on it, certainly.))

12345 ... 8