Something needs to be done about punishment for leaving

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

11-01-2012

My last game, my team fed so hard it's not even funny. By 20 minutes we were about 2-30. My team refused to surrender, so I left. How is that fair to me, to get punished because I don't want my game to last for an hour or more? The enemy team was just trolling us refusing to finish the game.

I feel in that situation I have every right to leave.

JRiMi

11-01-2012

U don't have that right if you agreed to the summoners code and all that junk. U have to understand that the rules do not allow you to leave in any situation. The ideal thing would be to stay and report all the trolls in hopes that they will get banned and improve gameplay. However you took the other route making yourself a toxic player so face your punishment and don't QQ on SR forums.

Masta Kronix

11-01-2012

I have the right to sit in base and do nothing but /dance if my team is playing horribly ;}

One sure fire way to get people to quit playing your game is to tell them they have to play even if their not having fun!

I quit anytime the game is lost and the team is to stubborn to leave. I don't have time to waste and I'm not sitting through 15 minutes of misery, that's reality folks.

NiceDynamite

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiMi View Post
U don't have that right if you agreed to the summoners code and all that junk. U have to understand that the rules do not allow you to leave in any situation. The ideal thing would be to stay and report all the trolls in hopes that they will get banned and improve gameplay. However you took the other route making yourself a toxic player so face your punishment and don't QQ on SR forums.
yes, I'M the toxic one. Not the fact that my team refused to surrender or the enemy team not just finishing the game. I spent 30 minutes in that game, and wasn't spending another 30+.

I understand Riot not wanting me to leave in games where we might actually have a chance, but in that case we didn't. I did nothing to harm my team, and as the guy above me said, I have better things to do then sit around for 30-40 minutes waiting for an inevitable loss.

LogicalTautology

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Kronix View Post
I have the right to sit in base and do nothing but /dance if my team is playing horribly ;}

One sure fire way to get people to quit playing your game is to tell them they have to play even if their not having fun!

I quit anytime the game is lost and the team is to stubborn to leave. I don't have time to waste and I'm not sitting through 15 minutes of misery, that's reality folks.
On the contrary my friend, the best way to get people to stop playing LoL is to allow toxic players to keep quitting on their teammates whenever it suits them.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
On the contrary my friend, the best way to get people to stop playing LoL is to allow toxic players to keep quitting on their teammates whenever it suits them.
Pretty much this.

In the scenario described, yea, maybe your team really had no chance of winning. Maybe. But there are times when people want to quit out because they're losing, but the game isn't lost.

So even if we were allowing people to quit out on definitely-lost games, we have to figure out where the line is drawn? And you'll find out, it's impossible to draw that line.

NiceDynamite

11-01-2012

I never quit out on games where we still have a chance. I've been in many games that have gotten turned around. But when a team collectively has 2 kills and 30 deaths by the 20 minute mark, the enemy team is obviously fed as hell, and there's no chance. At that point I feel like I'm allowed to leave.

I want you all to understand I don't just up and leave any game I feel like I lost. I only leave games where I know for a fact it's over, and the enemy team just won't end it because they enjoy making us suffer.

LogicalTautology

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedopolice2021 View Post
I never quit out on games where we still have a chance. I've been in many games that have gotten turned around. But when a team collectively has 2 kills and 30 deaths by the 20 minute mark, the enemy team is obviously fed as hell, and there's no chance. At that point I feel like I'm allowed to leave.

I want you all to understand I don't just up and leave any game I feel like I lost. I only leave games where I know for a fact it's over, and the enemy team just won't end it because they enjoy making us suffer.
Are your inhibitors down? If not, then the game is hardly unwinable; if so, then the longer the game drags out the higher your chance of winning.
Do the carries on the other team have full builds? If not, then they could possibly lose; if so, then they have peaked while your team is still farming and catching up.
Have they aced you in every recent teamfight? If so then the creeps will naturally be killing your base whether you like it or not; if not then they aren't as far ahead as to make the game over.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedopolice2021 View Post
Okay, so back to my point. If we were to make some system that excused you for leaving, where do we draw the line?

How to we mark some way of fairly punishing those who left when the game was not lost and those who left when the game is "definitely lost"?

Everyone has a different opinion of where that line should be drawn, and some people even argue that if you gave up first blood or lost the first tower, then the match is lost.

So how do we figure out where to put the line on what is and is not an appropriate scenario for leaving the match?

NiceDynamite

11-01-2012

Meh, leave it to the tribunal as a judgement call for all I care. I just feel it's unfair to be banned for a game I sank so much money into when I frequently get put into games like this.