Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

surge and promote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phil002

11-10-2012

i like surge on sion. it stacks really well with his ult and a lot of times it is unexpected and can lead to a first blood or get you a kill that you wouldnt have otherwise especially once you get some lifesteal.

TehomCD

11-10-2012

The only time I saw Surge used effectively on a champion was a Kog'maw who didn't want a second escape summoner. If you think about it, Surge is the only offensive summoner that makes sense on him, much like how exhaust makes far more sense on Karthus than Ignite. It's still an extremely questionable call over cleanse or heal, but since he wrecked with it, hey. I've heard of it being used on Kayle, Jax, Skarner, etc, but for virtually any champion that'll be in close range ignite is usually better. Kog'maw was the only real exception to this due to range.

Soraka Goes Mid

11-10-2012

I would take surge on Kayle or Teemo every time, since they benefit heavily from both attack speed and ability power. A lot of people will argue that there are better options, like ignite, but a surge on an AP/ASPD champion early game can be unexpectedly powerful.

And someone mentioned revive earlier. The only champion where revive isn't considered trolling is Karthus. Teleport/Revive Karthus OP. :P

NoJay

11-10-2012

See now, Look at all these comments saying not to use it, ignore them. Use it and make your own meta.

BStein

Recruiter

11-10-2012

personally i have never like surge and it is out classed on all champ by ignite, heres a link where you can see the numbers yourself http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/oldmaneyebrows/22148-farewell-to-season-2-surge. with that being said if u like it then use it i just wouldnt in ranked games.

now promote is a skill i like and i use it a lot in push comps. you will be shocked on just how much it does with the mastery point for it. its really isnt a skill for every comp but is great if you are wanting to push lanes fast or can force the other team out of lane, if you do this when you can use promote you will get a very early tower.

chaser676

11-10-2012

There is literally no situation ever when surge is better than ignite. True damage and healing debuff- no brainier.

TehomCD

11-10-2012

Quote:
chaser676:
There is literally no situation ever when surge is better than ignite. True damage and healing debuff- no brainier.

It's better when your autoattack range is longer than ignite, and using ignite would expose you to danger. It's better when pushing turrets or doing an early baron or dragon. It's better for lifesteal-based sustain in fights. It's better with on-hit effects.

That said, the ability is incredibly niche and using it over ignite on champs with less than 600 autoattack range or an escape summoner is always extremely questionable.