surge and promote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-09-2012

I love these spells.

Can you get me a list of champions that would actually benefit from the attack speed and ability power boost of surge? Off the top of my head cho gath seems to be number one guy for surge. His vorpal spikes will do more damage each time and come out more often. Diana and teemo to a lesser extent.

Promote: this spell now grants the minion barons hp, and barons auto attack damage. and can be used on super minions. would you use it?

Nidilen

11-09-2012

Hey Damein Sandow

Orianna is another champion I think that comes to my head that would benefit from both attack speed and ability power. This is because her auto attacks scale off of AP (with the bonus damage). Though surge is currently not one of the favored summoners in the game right now, there will be the champions that do benefit from it!

If promote did that (give barons hp and attack damage to a cannon minion) I am sure that everyone would use it!

Happy Summoning!

~Nidilen

Cat 6th

11-09-2012

Sadly true, at least for me. Every game I chose Surge, someone on my team said "troooll". (I used surge /w cait btw).

On support, promote helps you getting a few (really few) minion kills assuming that your carry is a pro. And if he/she is a pro, you can get the tower at 3:00 min after the start with that.

When you reach late game, do promote some lane while you go teamfighing other lane, and sometimes you get some extra tower.

But usually I only see teamates with Ignite+Flash (Its up to you to choose, right?)

Nidilen

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh01 View Post
But usually I only see teamates with Ignite+Flash (Its up to you to choose, right?)
That is true! You are the summoner after all! And the summoner is what gets to choose haha.

I am interested as to how you use surge on caitlyn though 0.0

~Nidilen

Fs Son0fSilas

11-09-2012

^ I'm sorry, this is off topic, but why do you insist on signing your posts?

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-09-2012

Careful about choosing Surge and Promote... along with Revive, they are considered to be largely troll picks. In other words, you choose those spells for the purpose of upsetting your team. It's just that they're not very good on most champions compared to other available spells.

The only person I'd consider using Surge on is Kayle. While Righteous Fury is on, AP increases Kayle's autoattack damage more than any other champion in the game.

yausser

11-09-2012

Now I am not saying this is a good idea.

But I have used Surge on Taric.
Surge->Ult then Stun when they realize they aren't going to win this 1v1 like they thought.

EDIT:
Thinking more about it, it is pretty niche. I have only used it on Dominion.

NoJay

11-09-2012

-Cho'Gath
-Diana
-Evelynn(If Trinity is bought)
-Jax
-Kayle(#3 with surge!)
-Kennen(maybeh)
-Kog'maw(#5 with surge!)
-Malphite(maybe)
-Master Yi(deals damage with his sword boots + #4 with surge!
-Nidalee
-Nunu(for the passive)
-Orianna(only if you dont know how to kill with spells people)
-Sion
-Skarner(maybe)
-Taric(maybe)
-Teemo(#1 with surge!)
-Tristana(If AP Trist)
-Twisted Fate(maybe)
-Varus(maybeh...)
-Volibear(#2 with surge!)
-Warwick(if AP WW)
-Xin Zhao(if AP Xin)

And Promote is meh, Top doesnt want to take, Mid shouldnt, Jungle cant, Ad carry shouldnt and if the support takes it then they most likely wont have a summoner to defend their carries. Its good for late game split pushing but its a risky spell. (Refer to CLG NAs backdoor in the Season 2 championship tourney.)

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Please don't use either of these spells in solo queue. They, along with revive, are viewed as signs of trolling.

While it may be possible to use the spells effectively in certain comps(I recall CLG using promote on their support in a push comp), you are not going to have that kind of team strategy with randoms. Odds are, they're going to think you're a troll, and it's going to damage your team chemistry before the match even starts.

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

There is no situation in which Surge will be better than Ignite in terms of raw damage. It should never be used on any champion. The spell is extremely underpowered at the moment.

While Promote has its use, it is far outclassed by Heal, Ignite, Exhaust and Flash in terms of power and utility. It's simply not worth the summoner spell slot.

Choosing either Surge or Promote is extremely frowned upon. Don't use them - you may find yourself reported or banned if you regularly play with these spells.