Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreggon

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
If Ghostblade was good, most of the champions on that list would have a GP/5 option - minus Riven/Shyvana/Zed who have absolutely no need of it.

Let's just make Ghostblade good.
I never buy Ghostblade. Most of the time, I forget that I even have items with active effects. Strangely, I never had this problem with DotA or DOTA2. Is this a personal thing that just affects me? Or is it just part of the item system in League? Or even a UI thing? Items in DOTA2 appear bigger than the ones in League, so they take up more screen space, so I notice them more easily.

NotBuzzJack

11-09-2012

Can you tell us ANYTHING about Statikk Shiv?

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Xyph, I have a question about Hunter's Machete. How much will this help champions that have been weak in the jungle in Season 2? Is it enough to compensate for the increased difficulty of the camps? Or even more than enough, such that it increases their jungling viability?

Noric

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONKYfapper View Post
what am i going to build on shen for gp5 now? and how will i build omen, Locket of the Iron Solari, and Lord Van Damm's Pillager?
Your mindset is that riot wants to continue supporting a very high usage of gp10 items - I am not sure that this is the case. (Reciple question i would like to know too though)

edit: Shens started building kage's pretty recently btw.

xethik

11-09-2012

Why not have a straight AD GP/10? Kage's is very basic; all APs want it. I understand Shen and some of the manaless tanks won't want an AD GP/10, but still. It isn't like Kage's Lucky Pick gives CDR, which some AP carries care more about than others. (Ignoring it would also be probably too good for supports and top laners, again).

Waldgeist

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
Before the release of Rengar, I would have agreed with your decision. But if Rengar can have his Necklace, why can't Shen have his Spark? Items which exist soloely for one character are no longer a conceptual problem.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
If Ghostblade was good, roughly half of the champions on that list would have a GP/5 option - minus Shen/Riven/Shyvana/Zed who have absolutely no need of it.

Let's just make Ghostblade good and then worry about the 4 outliers - none of whom are particularly weak at the moment (and barring Shen, none of whom actually want Heart of Gold to begin with.)
If I were to add my opinion on Ghostblade...

Critical Strike and the Active that boosts AS limits it quite a lot.

Many of those champions like Renekton don't AA nearly enough to benefit a lot from Youmu's.

ShadowNinetails

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because it's what we refer to as a "noob trap" - an item that seems powerful and looks attractive, but actually gimps your build in almost any situation.

Under your justification, we should just release 100 new items with a random smattering of stats. Meanwhile, someone who hasn't done the math is buying these items and doesn't understand why he can't get the job done.
*points at Cloak and Dagger*

I was about to say something about Spellblade too, but I already saw you guys were doing something about that lol

Catamite

11-09-2012

I'm not against ditching heart of gold. However the stat you get from avarice blade is soooo.....

Crit chance is a stat you actually don't care for on so basically all the champions that just got named.
I'm not saying it's useless, If people start mass buying it won't we get back in the same state we were i when there was critchance in the mastery tree?

It's unreliable dmg bonus which will cause too many "lucky/unlucky" situations. Maybe change it to ad or as? Or change the item entirely.

WavesBlade

11-09-2012

Quote:
Assuming you're running into a team that's purely physical damage - Thornmail/Sunfire Cape becomes the highest source of DPS for a tank. If you're a mana based tank, there's always the possibility of getting a Sheen and upgrading it to the Tank version of Sheen.
What...

Are you talking Trinity force here or something new?