Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyanos

11-09-2012

ok, this makes me twitch... as far as i can tell, a few of these changes are going to outright kill health tanking. it'll be armor tanking or gtfo noob. and as is people dont want to even SEE a tank anymore in league randoms.

i just wanna make some points and hope that it influences the decision in a beneficial way, take it that way instead of flaming or trolling please.

MBR -> Blade
ok. this alteration i really dont like. Blade adds to the list of damage carry item alternatives while taking away an item from other DPS damage dealers who put more emphasis on speed than power. MBR is one of the few items left which gives both damage and attack speed. it is also one of the more easily built high tier/cost items because its broken down into multiple components. Unless you build it when you dont have the slots to hold multiple components anyway. then you might as well not bother. I saw the comparison between MBR and IE/BT/PD used in sets of two... but comparing one item with two or even three is not a good method. for straight up damage dealers yes its more effective to get those because they work well together. but MBR is more for on-hit DPS who dont always want to build high ammounts of AD but still maintain a stable DPS item for at least one slot.

I use MBR for a number of my characters, and it is VERY effective on all the ones i use it on, for varying reasons... it just comes down to what you want the item on your build for, and for alot of my characters that use MBR as is, the Blade does not measure up. Played threes, tried the blade already. im not guessing when i say that it cannot replace MBR in my builds. I doubt im the only one either.

Force of Nature -> Spirit Visage
ok. Force of nature is almost scarily cost effective. I'm honestly surprised it didnt get taken out before this because of just how strong of an item it is. Im not joking when i say all my 'pure' tank builds use Force. irregardless of if they are health tanks or armor tanks, the health regeneration alone is hard to pass up, much less the other effects in addition. Spirit visage isnt even remotely as powerful as force of nature, its not even in the same scaling for any purpose i can see. Spirit visage is good for boosting your regeneration slightly, as theres not much for outright regeneration items besides force... that gives decent regen. its more effective when you have one of the very rare healers in public, but even then it usually makes more sense for the healer to heal someone OTHER than the tank.

these two changes, if im reading right, are going to outright kill health tanking. Tanking in general is a forsworn art in league with a majority of the experienced tanks not wanting to do so, and a lot of the others not knowing what a tank is, much less what they need to do. if you take out one of the core tank items (FoN) without a viable replacement (i dont see SV qualifying with any buff i can figure being put in) and add in an anti-tank weapon that is very likely to be added to the build of virtually every carry, one thats even stronger against health tanks than madreds bloodrazor was... anyone running a health tank is probably going to automatically be considered a feeder, with the fun bit of now getting NO assistance from your team in any circumstance...

im seriously hoping this is an aspect to the changes that has not been considered, or else i hope some of the data im missing in relation to the changes addresses these... because i really dont want to be forced to stop tanking, quit league or have horrible games every time i attempt to use a health tank.

topgunLT1

11-09-2012

hmm not sure abt the removal of MBR (i liked it but its true it wasnt doing very well sometime when i thought MBR was needed to kill that tanky guy but instead it made me weaker and made me think i should have gone for something else)
but gud thing ionic spark was removed (only liked it for its lightning effect but used to buy it more than tiamat) ,
now i can go for tiamat (hope they're buffing up taimat)

Weissy the Calm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Removing HoG will make Leona a lot weaker in bot lane. She doesn't needs Philo Stone as much as HoG due to her 'All in' play style and the other two passive gold gain items do nothing for her. She doesn't need AP and crit chance is useless on her.

This, combined with the new jungle changes, seems like it will also ruin what little you can do with jungle Leona as well. She already has a lot of trouble in the jungle until she gets a Wriggle's.

Cerulean Laser

11-09-2012

How will the removal of the Hear of Gold benefit Nautilus? I've seen plenty of Madred's Bloodrazor on Jungle Warwicks.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
a major reason for this was the price. All the stats it gave were amazing, but the cost of the item was just too much. Hell, Kitae's Bloodrazor was brought over to SR, it'd be used a lot more often than MBR.

Cerulean Laser

11-09-2012

Spirit Visage = Improves all form of self-healing by 15%, including health regeneration, life steal, and spell vamp and it comes with +10% cool-down reduction which make is better then Force of Nature on champions with self-heals. Force of Nature has a nice design and name, but it is unfortunately getting removed.

Cerulean Laser

11-09-2012

@Xypherous...what are you going to do about the build path of Randuin's Omen/Warden's Mail since the Rejuvenation Bead and Heart of Gold is getting removed?

Fat Mchugelarge

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct - it's good on Volibear too.

Statikk Shiv's name sure sounds...lightning-y....

Bring back MBR please.

Desmond Law

11-09-2012

Not Ionic spark

topgunLT1

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyanos View Post
ok, this makes me twitch... as far as i can tell, a few of these changes are going to outright kill health tanking. it'll be armor tanking or gtfo noob. and as is people dont want to even SEE a tank anymore in league randoms.

i just wanna make some points and hope that it influences the decision in a beneficial way, take it that way instead of flaming or trolling please.

MBR -> Blade
ok. this alteration i really dont like. Blade adds to the list of damage carry item alternatives while taking away an item from other DPS damage dealers who put more emphasis on speed than power. MBR is one of the few items left which gives both damage and attack speed. it is also one of the more easily built high tier/cost items because its broken down into multiple components. Unless you build it when you dont have the slots to hold multiple components anyway. then you might as well not bother. I saw the comparison between MBR and IE/BT/PD used in sets of two... but comparing one item with two or even three is not a good method. for straight up damage dealers yes its more effective to get those because they work well together. but MBR is more for on-hit DPS who dont always want to build high ammounts of AD but still maintain a stable DPS item for at least one slot.

I use MBR for a number of my characters, and it is VERY effective on all the ones i use it on, for varying reasons... it just comes down to what you want the item on your build for, and for alot of my characters that use MBR as is, the Blade does not measure up. Played threes, tried the blade already. im not guessing when i say that it cannot replace MBR in my builds. I doubt im the only one either.

Force of Nature -> Spirit Visage
ok. Force of nature is almost scarily cost effective. I'm honestly surprised it didnt get taken out before this because of just how strong of an item it is. Im not joking when i say all my 'pure' tank builds use Force. irregardless of if they are health tanks or armor tanks, the health regeneration alone is hard to pass up, much less the other effects in addition. Spirit visage isnt even remotely as powerful as force of nature, its not even in the same scaling for any purpose i can see. Spirit visage is good for boosting your regeneration slightly, as theres not much for outright regeneration items besides force... that gives decent regen. its more effective when you have one of the very rare healers in public, but even then it usually makes more sense for the healer to heal someone OTHER than the tank.

these two changes, if im reading right, are going to outright kill health tanking. Tanking in general is a forsworn art in league with a majority of the experienced tanks not wanting to do so, and a lot of the others not knowing what a tank is, much less what they need to do. if you take out one of the core tank items (FoN) without a viable replacement (i dont see SV qualifying with any buff i can figure being put in) and add in an anti-tank weapon that is very likely to be added to the build of virtually every carry, one thats even stronger against health tanks than madreds bloodrazor was... anyone running a health tank is probably going to automatically be considered a feeder, with the fun bit of now getting NO assistance from your team in any circumstance...

im seriously hoping this is an aspect to the changes that has not been considered, or else i hope some of the data im missing in relation to the changes addresses these... because i really dont want to be forced to stop tanking, quit league or have horrible games every time i attempt to use a health tank.
he did say spirit visage is getting buffs so lets see, and i hate tanks getting tanky cause they went after health instead of armour, its damn annoying cause i thought they would get armor and i stacked armor corruption build .
Dude there's still warmog and spirit visage already being an annoying boost to health regen and heal is getting buffed .
I think we will frgt abt force of nature cause i want to frgt it, since it was the only best option to get more MR to ur champion . Now hopefully more variety in MR build