Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

11-09-2012

Might I ask what the new build paths for Randuin's and Locket of the Iron Solari will be?

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittaker View Post
Honestly it seems a lot of the arguments against changes are because we don't have the same set of information available to us as Riot members do. Removing Ionic Spark could be seen as a bad decision unless you know what the new buffed Tiamats and Statikk Shiv are like.

Removing HoG for a similar item that gives free wards could be viewed as bad until we know what Sightstone builds into. If Sightstone upgrades to a useful item then support, top and jungle could each get one and have a completely safe laning phase with no gank paths left unwarded, if it's only useful in lane/to supports then you have to sell it off for a more worthwhile item after laning phase.
That then opens up altering factors, how long did laning phase last, how many wards did you get out of it, did the enemy jungler get an early oracles forcing you to restock wards more often, depending on variables it could still be worth it to buy the Sightstone and resell as a top laner as you still get some early health and save gold on wards in the end.

Honestly I think it would've been best to wait and give us all the information at once instead of letting it out in dribbles so as to avoid these types of situations. I understand you want to give us some insight into potential changes and that things are highly iterative and in flux at the moment but I think it'd be better to discuss all aspects of a particular change at once rather than partial to avoid confusion.
I'm 100% okay with the hog removal. The problem with spark is there are several already underplayed champions who's current only viable builds rely on getting that item + witts.

Cronovey

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct - it's good on Volibear too.

Statikk Shiv's name sure sounds...lightning-y....
Going to be interested to see this item. I liked building what I dubbed the "Recurve Trifecta" of Wit's End, Ionic Spark, and MBR on certain champions to have fun, because on some champions I found it to be quite effective. Can't wait to see what the replacement items look like; with these three items I got armor, MR, health, massive attack speed, and multiple bonus effects.

Sadly, I loved Ionic Spark on Shaco. Helped him split push and helped his jungle clear after his initial JitB load up on his first clear. Hoping the new one is awesome!

Kataŕna

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Well, to be fair, resource-less champions get a huge advantage in the fact that.. they're resourceless to begin with. Your early itemization starts can be far more aggressive due to this fact.
To be completely fair, resourceless champions suffer higher cooldowns and lower base and scaling values on both abilities and base stats, than champions with a resource.

Staples

11-09-2012

This might have been answered elsewhere, but is GA recipe of 1200g going to be solely for the passive? Right now it is plus 5 armor, 14 magic resist, and the passive (I think), for the recipe cost. So now we would be paying for the passive only?

murlocmancer

11-09-2012

You said that you would make a viable on-hit build. But it appears you are just removing htem all and that thereby forces them into building same old same old. Unless you have some other plan you are killing diversity.

TooGood91

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
+125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*
It is going to be annoying when I pink a ward in tri-brush/our lane brush, and they can instantly replace their wards into river brush/their lane brush. Seems like there either needs to be only two charges total, or two three-minute cool downs on the item(not sure if possible)

The Star of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
Dear Morello

How would you value MBR on Fiora. I've been getting it toward the end of a game, after Blood Thirster and Frozen Mallet, as I'm looking for a little extra attack speed, some damage, and an on hit effect to deal more damage when I ult a single target. In terms of cost I'm looking at it as a Wits End, that costs an extra 1650g and gives me +40 damage, +35proc damage (2000 health), +25 armour, -30 resistance. What would you have built instead?

Edit: I'm not quite sure what I'll be building in future. Blade of the Ruined King is nice, but my inclination is to ult when I get into trouble to avoid being targeted, by which point the proc might be of less value, though the healing is appealing. The new Black Cleaver might be a better option, or maybe all will become clear when I see the mysterious Statikk Shiv! =)

LunarisDream

11-09-2012

Since you're removing HoG without hinting that you will make another defensive GP10 item to replace it...

Revert Sona nerfs.

Byrnes

11-09-2012

Quote:
Correct - it's good on Volibear too.

Statikk Shiv's name sure sounds...lightning-y....
Morello,

I don't usually build Ionic, but the few times I have I felt like it worked effectively. It is kind of nice doing that extra AOE(ish) magic damage in a close quarters fight (with 2.0 AS you are unleashing up to an extra 1k AOE magic damage onto four members of their team every 4 seconds).

Will Statikk Shiv's at least have a similar effect?

PS: I acknowledge this item is exactly as you describe it, but it is pretty nice to be able to not only target one of their team specifically with the extra AS but then to do AOE magic damage to most of the rest of the team in fights.