Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh777 View Post
I built it all the time on Volibear
So does allorim, the #1 voli player.

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/volibea...ane-by-allorim

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You caught us and our massive conspiracy.

(What motivation would we even have to lie about this??) o.o
You literally just called Ionic spark bad, and any game that i build it in it adds like 40k magic damage to me.. (at the end of game)

First you take away SoTD, which was superb arpen, but now this? Dafuq do you hate tanky-dps as items for?

edit:

I see you're saying it doesn't do the maths worth of damage in teamfights.

Tell me more morello, about how doing 500 bonus damage accross 4 targets if you only hit 4 times in a teamfight is bad. Let alone when you hit 8 times, and do 1k damage.

You guys are just tanky dps haters.

Clubbems

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Is Tiamats going to become a unique passive? Because I want to stack them on Fiora after they're buffed still.

FlySkyHigh777

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcide View Post
So does allorim, the #1 voli player.

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/volibea...ane-by-allorim
O_O -immediate justification- This build is extremely similar to the one I build quite frequently. I just love having ionic spark on Volibear so much. It fits his character, fits his kit, fits his feel, everything. I really don't want it to go.

Menea6587

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJuro View Post
It was pretty good on On-hit Lulu

Edit MBR I mean
I don't get this.
The ONLY champion MBR was REMOTELY good on was WW only because of his ult that procs on-hit effects 5 times in 1.8 seconds. This is the same reason why people say that Tiamat's are amazing on Fiora. They're really not that good, but she gets more mileage out of them than other carries.

Let's go with this: why is it good on Lulu? Because of her passive? Why does that matter? Your marginal gain in damage does not get better the more you stack it, so there's no point as opposed to just getting flat AD that equals the damage that MBR would give.

None of her spells can increase the damage of MBR either.

This question can be asked of pretty much every champion and you'd get the same result: there's no point because you can either stack AD or you can get some AD and Witt's End. Now, Witt's end is incredibly powerful. Witt's End is not a noob trap. You could grab Witt's End + BF sword and deal about as much raw damage as MBR versus a 2500 health target. And BF sword can build into something, like the new BC or an IE. Now you have item synergy.

Except for champions who specifically benefits from having more on-hit procs (not just damage, but amounts of procs) like WW and Fiora, there is no reason to even consider MBR. And even then, MBR has much less synergy, isn't very tanky, and is enormously expensive.

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
O_O -immediate justification- This build is extremely similar to the one I build quite frequently. I just love having ionic spark on Volibear so much. It fits his character, fits his kit, fits his feel, everything. I really don't want it to go.
Yup, that #1 volibear player, the guys who showed voli was viable in NA must of fell into that noob trap.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-09-2012
15 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
I'm a little sad that I've been effectively called a noob for enjoying Ionic Spark as an item. I built it all the time on Volibear and I enjoyed to great degrees how effective it (apparently not really) was. I still think it's a cool item idea and I hope Statikk Shiv has a similar niche fit so I can double lightning smack people with Voli
Correct - it's good on Volibear too.

Statikk Shiv's name sure sounds...lightning-y....

superkill3

11-09-2012

nooooooo ionic spark is my favorite item i use it in everithing nooooo

Hidden Sanity

11-09-2012

Well.. my friends On-hit Twisted fate build for forth-hit pwnage build he used in custom games shall suffer with the lack of ionic spark, but that's not too big a loss. I'm looking forward to the support items a lot, seems the ward tool might be good on a lot of lanes, depending what it builds into. I like the idea of several lanes being able to pick up a 'wriggles' to help ward.

FlySkyHigh777

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Correct - it's good on Volibear too.

Statikk Shiv's name sure sounds...lightning-y....
Thanks Morello. I appreciate you responding to that. I'm just hoping whatever it is is still a viable option for Volibear to build!