Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quenton

11-09-2012

No...Heart of Gold...My friend...I will always remember you, and salute you in your passing.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-09-2012
12 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by serratedblade View Post
yes, But what items would actually go well with malady now... NONE
They just removed 2 On-hit/ AS Items for ON-hit builds
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).

Neon Baby Jesus

11-09-2012

Thank god i missed the only 2 active at once thing...i was like "really riot?". Now im like awwwwww yeah.

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
(except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
Or volibear, or shen, or ww, or irelia.

The top volibear player list ionic as core. In S2 worlds a shen bought an ionic and used it to make a game winning play.

The fact is ionic is viable for any champ with a strong on hit ability. You build ionic and witts and you do pleanty of damage for cheap leaving the rest for tank items.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
Why would Kayle want Ionic Spark?

The only viable to play her was to build generic AD Carry. AP as Support, maybe, but that's it.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-09-2012

Quote:
I doubt it's the real reason. imo riot team couldn't buff madred because it would be very op.

I'm pretty sure the real reason is madred was actually a pretty strong item, but too many players considered it weak so they prefered to remove the item instead of buffing an already strong item.

That's like dfg, dfg was completly unused. it totally didnt deserved the buff because of how strong it was, but look, now it is weaker than prebuff and is still bought by a lot of people.

Good Housekeepin

11-09-2012

I don't understand the point in removing Ionic Spark. If someone wants to spend their gold on it, why not? The only justification from the devs is its worthless. Who cares? Let people play how they want to. It allowed for interesting builds, ie. Wits End + Ionic Spark on Irelia.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-09-2012
13 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamusss View Post
I doubt it's the real reason. imo riot team couldn't buff madred because it would be very op.

I'm pretty sure the real reason is madred was actually a pretty strong item, but too many players considered it weak so they prefered to remove the item.
You caught us and our massive conspiracy.

(What motivation would we even have to lie about this??) o.o

urmamasllama

11-09-2012

does this mean you are removing kitaes and ionic from dominion as well? because frankly it wouldn't change much no one get's them ever and they could use replacing

AlokJuro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
It was pretty good on On-hit Lulu

Edit MBR I mean