Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
On MBR - If you were getting it hoping to counter tanky bruisers - you were doing it wrong. Almost every item combination involving PD / BT / IE would let you deal more damage to high health bruisers.

Why is that? Mostly because Carries aren't expected to have a linear damage curve whereas MBR is a linear effect. Secondly, the primary statistic for determining whether you were tanky or not was resistances not health. The difference between a carry's health and a tanky bruiser's health ranges less than 50% porportionally a lot of the time - thus attacking % health doesn't really help out all that much.
Bloodrazor has always been only good on on-hit builds, and then the extra AD is kind of wasted, as onhit characters are usually depending on the magic portion of their autoattacks xP

Is it safe to assume that Kitae's razor will also go away? (Poor Kitae!)

Taylion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

RamserX = Xypherous?

PS: FON removal makes Alistar cry.

Scmaglliott

11-09-2012

Ummm, maybe everyone overlooked this in all the rage (I personally dislike all gp10 items as I believe they lower skill gap), but what the bloody hell is Statikk Shiv? There are forum post about it and you, Mr. Xypherous, non-nonchalantly just threw it out there, EXPLAIN YOURSELFFFFFFFFFfffffff......

11-09-2012

I would have been happier if they increased the size of a stack of wards. 5 wards per stack isn't enough later in the game, when you need to cover more of the map and you have less space because you're building more items. But due to this item, you're only going to be able to place 2 wards at a time, meaning that later 1 slot = 2 wards, and then you need another slot for 5 more wards to cover the rest of the map. Unless the item that this builds into lets you put even more wards down, then it's not worth it, IMO.

And taking out HoG? maybe nerf it, but taking it out completely is horrible. =( What about supports like Taric, Leona, Alister, etc. who have pretty much no use for AP from Kage's or crit from Avarice Blade, but need another gold item because they need Shurelya's early on for team fights?

Taking out Force of Nature got me pretty butthurt. lol The other 2 magic resist items that are commonly built are situational. Banshee's is primarily an anti-Blitzcrank shield, or to stop a bursty champ who relies on one skill, like Veigar. The magic resist of Banshee's compared to FoN is very low, and the spell shield isn't always useful, same with the health and mana. Abyssal Scepter is kind of the same situation. If you need MR, but you don't have AP or the enemy isn't really stacking much magic resist, it's a total waste. Force of Nature has health regen and Movement Speed. The item is being taken out because it's "confusing," but IMO it's not confusing in the slightest. EVERY champ in the game has health. Health regen is good. EVERY champ in the game can move. MS is good. It's only purchased for the magic resist because it's the best magic resist item in the game, and it's the cheapest, I think. Even if Spirit Visage gives more MR, the health regen passive will go to waste in a LOT of games. It's only good if you have lifesteal/spellvamp, or have some sort of ability or passive that regenerates health like Mundo's ult or Volibear's passive. Taking out FoN makes it so there are no magic resist items with stats that don't go to waste. All of the magic resist items are built for the bonus stats besides the MR. FoN is the only item that's built primarily for the MR and the other stats are an added bonus. Taking it out and giving no MR-based substitute is a mistake.

Neon Baby Jesus

11-09-2012

The problem i have with the stone is its low cost. It seems like it should be more expensive. What is stopping mid/top from also grabbing this item and essentially force junglers to buy oracles early and be way behind because of the money spent.

It sounds like you nerfed fog of war...not boosted support viability

naotasan

11-09-2012

All I ask, is that if you're making any Dominion-only items, Xypherous, is that you ask RiotNome for his Opinion before making any changes.

Thank you, from everyone who plays Dominion only.

Neon Baby Jesus

11-09-2012

Mid buys one...you got wards for enemy blue/red and your 2 bushes. Top buys one and wards ally red, tri bush, baron and top bush. Support wards dragon, tri, ally blue and a bot bush...this is really stupid imo...why not give it 2 wards on a 3 min cd...dont reset with b...that will open so many exploits

AxeRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Nope - in this case, the bruiser in question should've gotten Wit's End instead - as they get similar damage and defenses for roughly half the cost.
i happen to like get blood razor on warwick, i believe that your alterantive sword thing will vut alot of the dmg off my ultimate.

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekmasta Peelt View Post
Mid buys one...you got wards for enemy blue/red and your 2 bushes. Top buys one and wards ally red, tri bush, baron and top bush. Support wards dragon, tri, ally blue and a bot bush...this is really stupid imo...why not give it 2 wards on a 3 min cd...dont reset with b...that will open so many exploits
You can only place 2 at a time.

Magepie

11-09-2012

what about items like soulstealer, sword of the occult, leviathan. are they going to be removed or reworked? the gold/stat ratio on these items are arguably the best on the conditions that you get enough stacks from kills and assists and that you not die. but before you cross that stack threshold they but you at a disadvantage. you could spend that gold towards better items with better stats. the way I see it, they are items you get when you are doing really well and just increases the power gap further between you and your opponents. any thoughts/comments on them?