Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Nice Boat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Ionic spark doesn't make anyone viable. He was merely listing champions on whom it isn't total ****, just mostly ****.
Someone has never played double thunder volibear

orc72

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozarkian View Post
Except for Fiora, who is going to love this item. Her R can proc potentially proc on 4 different targets for massive AoE damage and healing, she can use the active during her ult, and the magic damage on the proc makes it more difficult to negate her damage with Ninja Tabi and armor.

If Tiamat also becomes worthwhile, Fiora might be very happy.
Not really true. The active is nice, but her ultimate procs life steal. Assuming she built blood thirster instead of this item and had the fully stacked 20% life steal.
With blade of the ruined king you will be healed for:
2% of 1000 health = 20
2% of 2000 health = 40
2% of 3000 health = 60
2% of 4000 health = 80
At level 18, fioras base ad with her W(147), and only built item being this blood thirster would be 247.
So with 20% life steal she would heal 59.28 per hit.

So right at 3000 health would be where this item heals her more then a blood thirster, if you ignore the fact that this item deals magic damage and fiora doesnt build magic pen but does build armor pen, and any other ad items that fiora builds throughout the game (not to mention runes and masteries) will make the bloodthirster continue to heal her more.
Also consider most fioras use there ultimate as soon as they start getting focused in a fight, so somewhere in the middle after they already taken some damage.

Tl;dr
Assuming her ult hits five different targets:
Just a bloodthirster and being level 18 - Fiora is healed for 296.4

Just a blade of ruined king using active (93.5)
Targets with 1000 health - 193.5
Targets with 2000 health - 293.5
Targets with 3000 health - 393.5

Blade of the ruined king is trash cause of the current health ^_^

BroughtMyFgame

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
+125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*
So...'Consumes a charge to place an INVISIBLE ward' - Does this mean stealthed, as current wards are? Or truly invisible? What I'm getting at, will this Sightstone's wards be clearable via Oracle's Elixir? I certainly hope so.

Having brought this up, I think a much more expensive ward alternative that is completely invisible to the enemy team might have a niche in some play. Would it be worth 300-350 gold to have true vision at Baron for 3 minutes? Or do you think this would be another of those 'Only the team that's ahead can buy this, snowballing the game' kind of things?

GreatRice

11-09-2012

Quote:
Just going to leave this here.. sneakily.. :3

Sightstone (650 Gold)
+125 Health
Unique Passive - Refresh (Ward) : Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you stop by your shop.
Unique Active - Ghost Ward: Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards from this item at once.

Upgrades to...

*is dragged away by internal Riot teams*
hm.. this is an interesting item, if they try to rush this item early in the laning phase, they'll give up early gp5. And if I see my opponent grab this item, early pink ward could easily counter this item.pink wards will definitely become more popular, that and ward baiting.

King GrimPhenom

11-09-2012

Cool no more Darius rushing back to lane with a ****ing hog and pulverizing you

Vakyoom

11-09-2012

All of this is gold. Sight stone will relieve the supports of so much burden and save thousands of gold per game.

Ionic spark is indeed a trap, it ends up hurting you more than helping unless youre dyrus and got to farm top all game.

HoG will be missed but i'm glad to say i won't have to purchase it now. its build path is so linear. Tired of wanting to get randiuns on lots of ppl just so i can get that gold's worth.

MBR is kind of meh for me. I remember when it was good and ppl still get it on kog'maw but i'm not sad to see it go.

I did like FoN but as long as spirit visage gets a huge overhaul i'll be happy. I used to like spirit visage when it was good.

The Tiamat changes intrigue me a lot... It'll give my buddy more chances to spray and pray with two tiamats without having to be fed hard before hand.

Just please don't remove moonflare spellblade(not mentioned in this thread but in another), try changing it or making it a bit better instead.

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
So with the new support item, i can buy it with janna + boots of mobility, i can go ward my bot lane, back to base fast, refill the item for free, and ward other site or just back to lane, how this item help with the snowball in the game? the enemy support will need to spend more and more gold in wards while i can just back to base and refill the item.
you act like the enemy support won't also be buying the item, wtf? (also you can only have 2 wards out a time from the item)

GhostStalker

11-09-2012

Quote:
Nope - in this case, the bruiser in question should've gotten Wit's End instead - as they get similar damage and defenses for roughly half the cost.
ARE bruisers going to get nerfed?

iSzathi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
On MBR - If you were getting it hoping to counter tanky bruisers - you were doing it wrong. Almost every item combination involving PD / BT / IE would let you deal more damage to high health bruisers.

Why is that? Mostly because Carries aren't expected to have a linear damage curve whereas MBR is a linear effect. Secondly, the primary statistic for determining whether you were tanky or not was resistances not health. The difference between a carry's health and a tanky bruiser's health ranges less than 50% porportionally a lot of the time - thus attacking % health doesn't really help out all that much.

Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on? It requires a very specific sub-set of characters (Tanky characters with zero wave clear that scales off attack speed) in order to be good - at which point it really starts to conflict with Wit's End for the same case.

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.
Sad to see Ionic go, It s indeed situacional, still, i dnt see why it needed to be removed, the proc is fun, the item is balanced, and fits a role, i often picked it on udyr or cho when jungling, Gives you insane clear speed, and insane damange, outdamange wits and its cheaper. Shen s good with it 2, and so are others.

AS scales, and so does hp, i fail to see ur point there

Duskfire1120

11-09-2012

I agree madred's had some issue's, is there going to be any sort of armor version of the wit's end to balance the loss of madred's armor though?