Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Templarname9241

11-09-2012

Ionic spark removed... my heart just flatlined.

serratedblade

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus567 View Post
As a Warwick player that used Bloodrazor as part of my core build, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. 4% of current health vs. 4% of max health is a major difference.

Before, Bloodrazor and Warwicks ult would take 24% of the targets health, just from Bloodrazors procs alone. Now, the Blade will do decreasing damage, making Warwick's ult much less deadly. So, when are the buffs for Warwick coming?!?!?!

Btw @Xypherous, Warwick players hate you now.
Bloodrazor was bad in the first place,But they didnt even want to make another item like it for Onhit builds...Xypherous i hate you

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Honestly don't mind Sightstone if you think about it logically all they did was make buying a stack of wards more simplier and if my foresight is correct it should turn into an legendaryish tier item that further demands support to invest into something for more map awareness into other effect making a 0 cs support champion less appealing or increasing aggressiveness at bottom lane to get that 0 cs support assist gold for that upgrade. At this point you might as well consider the Sightstone as mandatory as IE on adc.

DoctorAlanGrant

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
On MBR - If you were getting it hoping to counter tanky bruisers - you were doing it wrong. Almost every item combination involving PD / BT / IE would let you deal more damage to high health bruisers.

Why is that? Mostly because Carries aren't expected to have a linear damage curve whereas MBR is a linear effect. Secondly, the primary statistic for determining whether you were tanky or not was resistances not health. The difference between a carry's health and a tanky bruiser's health ranges less than 50% porportionally a lot of the time - thus attacking % health doesn't really help out all that much.

Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on? It requires a very specific sub-set of characters (Tanky characters with zero wave clear that scales off attack speed) in order to be good - at which point it really starts to conflict with Wit's End for the same case.

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.
Regardless of the viability of Ionic, the zaps are fun as hell to use. There better be some zaps somewhere Xyph

serratedblade

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Templar View Post
Ionic spark removed... my heart just flatlined.
There goes ON-hit/ builds...Xypherous i hate you

LordPopple

11-09-2012

Mentioning Ionic Spark.

Not mentioning Volibear.

Thank you for removing my favorite item for bear.

Fizz Jr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

The master boot record was removed :O i am shocked! I kid I know what you guys meant :P

Cheap0

11-09-2012

Will there be any sort of indication on the Sightstone itself to indicate how many charges it has? When supporting, it's useful to be checking the opposing support's inventory to keep track of how many wards they're carrying and figure out where their wards are whether you see them actually place them or not, but without any sort of indicator on the Sightstone, I feel that ward wars on bot lane would become a lot more stale.

DeliriumTomorrow

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on?
Top Shyvana, duh.
Edit, also the teddybear

Vsin

11-09-2012

So then are we assuming that the reworked Tiamat and/or Statikk are going to fill the AoE void that was left behind by removing Ionic Spark?