Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hemgeez View Post
xyph can you please PLEASE explain to me how and why FON was removed? How can you even remotely say you feel:

THATS RIDICULOUS! That's one of my core items for just about most of my tanks when stacking high health against a magic damage team. Whats not to love about movement speed, health regen and about 100 MR? That's my favorite item when playing malphite against a magic damage team...
because it was too good, plain and simple

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
No, the alternative is now there are 2 set items, sightstone and a stack of wards.

Don't implement sightstone. It's a horrible idea. Remove the rest of the gp10 items while you're at it.

Also maybe try addressing the actual cause of all these problems, which is the ridiculous AD carry scaling that comes from crits.
....Its meant to be used during lane phase, and then later upgraded into a support item, such as shurelias(can never spell it) tier, or it may turn into a stronger version of itself. Its only meant to replace wards during lane phase.

ciTiger

11-09-2012

Greetings.
Sorry for the off topic on your thread Xypherous but any chance you might look at this:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2779990
thanks

Getting anxious to know all the item changes that are coming in season 3! =)

ZephyrDrake

11-09-2012

welp Sona just became a hell of a lot more squishy without HoG

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

The Sight Stone upgrade will be forced to hold and place 5 wards, won't it? Two wards doesn't provide much map control, and if a Support tells the team they can only place down two wards, the team might force them to use up another item slot for more wards if they don't want to carry wards themselves, which is what Support want to avoid. Unless you want Sight stone to be purely an early game type item, late game it might become more trouble than it's worth (once again, the upgrade will need to address this).

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
hey riot

Can you explain what's gonna happen to Randuin's without HoG?
Kindlegem + Warden's Mail + Cloth Armor. Here you go.

B1GW00DY613

11-09-2012

I love the sight stone, especially if it is built into something that can still have wards. Mean you don't have to start support with 4 wards since on your first back (or second) you can get the sight stone and start buying actual items. Wards that give some health late game will help supports a ton, and depending on build paths for it possibly junglers as well.

Kraemer

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
i'll hold off judgement on it until i see the upgrade path, as it stands i still see no reason not to buy sightstone for laning phase, then once you get out of laning, you need the stack of additional wards for more coverage (granted your team should help support ward but how often does that REALLY happen)
You're smarter than that negative nancy who wants Sightstone to remain unimplemented/gold per 5 removed.

Orconem

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Indeed - I thought about this pretty hard - and came out the other side with - what is the alternative? What is the set item that you must get every game?

A stack of wards that continuously consume gold every minute of the game.

You see the problem of pigeonholing supports is an odd one - mostly because supports are pigeonholed into getting zero items at the moment - due to the high price of consumables.
Aren't you afraid an item like this would be less of a "Make it easier for supports to ward" item and more a "everybody's gonna buy this" item? It pays for itself really fast (about twelve minutes), and to me it seems like there's zero reason to avoid getting this on anyone if you were planning on buying wards regardless. Sure the two-ward limit is a bit annoying, but I'd be willing to accept this limit if it meant free wards for the rest of the game.

Garayin

Recruiter

11-09-2012

"Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End"

Tell me more about this Statikk Shiv, please?