Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illyriomysterio

11-09-2012

Are we ever going to see crit brought in line a bit? That's sort of why they're so dominant. :/

Felaedor

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
4 wards

can place 2 wards at one time

6 mins of ward coverage (were you to place 2 at a time) for 600 gold, it's a RIDICULOUSLY cost effective item
Or 12 minutes of Ward coverage if you only need a single Ward.

Which is exactly why I'm REALLY hoping he'll come right out and say that Ghost Wards are pretty much "the range of the brush" wards.

It's a STUPID amount of gold effectiveness if they're even remotely near Sight/Vision wards.

IS19adfb83ca3237f8f8fa6

11-09-2012

My Teemo build was Wits End + Ionic Spark + Madred Bloodrazor

RIP Teemo

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siigari View Post
Xypherous I appreciate the thought you put into this, but by removing items you're just removing options in a seeming attempt to close champions to one build.

I do not appreciate that. The new items are neat and stuff but you're removing items in "families" and that seems unfair.

Case in point. You are expressing your opinion, and holding us to it.
You do realize that manaless Champions can play the mana game, waiting for the enemy to burn all their mana so you know they can't effectively fight back. Many items are either unattractive (rejuv bead and Meki), or are a little odd in their mechanics of why you would specifically want them or not. I'd rather have a shop of 80 items that all have a purpose/attractive itemization choices, then a shop with 100 items, where only 50 really make sense

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
7 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
I actually, for once, disagree with you.

Having 2 wards protecting every easy gank path lets you play extremely aggressively and overextended in lane. This is hugely important for pushing your advantage and only doable with proper ward coverage.
Luckily, in lane, there are 3 main gank paths.

Quote:
It's a STUPID amount of gold effectiveness if they're even remotely near Sight/Vision wards.
12 minutes of ward coverage = 300 Gold.

Sightstone = 650 Gold.

There's a starting cost that makes this balanced - as the alternative to Sight Stone is to just buy wards with Gold.

Cost-efficiency is luckily one of the easiest statistics to tune - by raising the cost of the item (especially on small items like this) - you warp the efficiency of the item quite a bit.

orc72

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
No offense, Xyph,but I really don't like this, at all, and really see this as just becoming MBR 2.0 with better itemization+stats in building it; it'll be noob trap 2.0 for Kog'maw and I can really only see this being used by bruisers to counter other bruisers (Ie: they'll get this instead of BT).

The main issue I have with it is the fact it's 4% of current health instead of maximum health---which effectively means that the first few auto-attacks with this hurt, but then it starts falling off really hard because it is current health; unless their health is obscenely high, it'll have the same problem as MBR will, IMHO.
^-this 100%. blade of the ruined king is really bad due to the current health factor. It means that the lower the enemy gets the less health you get back. Which means if the enemy has any sorta sustain like life steal, you will end up loosing.
Not to mention its active synergizes with attack damage. This makes it so that on hit characters don't benefit from the active. And any ad who buys this for the healing they could potentially get from this item, would loose out because life steal would have been better in the first place due to lifesteal healing based off attack damage already.

Just A Game Brah

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Sorry Xypherous, but sightstone is pretty much the dumbest ****ing idea you could possibly have. Did you even think that one through at all?
But but but, supports will be so much more exciting to play if they can keep placing wards without having to go back!

The Shank

11-09-2012

Xyph what will happen to Randiums? Will it still give the same stats, it doesn't need a nerf in stats in addition to loosing the HoG.

Also I loved FoN

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Or 12 minutes of Ward coverage if you only need a single Ward.

Which is exactly why I'm REALLY hoping he'll come right out and say that Ghost Wards are pretty much "the range of the brush" wards.

edited it to say 6-12 mins for whatever reason you didn't see that before you posted lol xD

yea it is stupidly gold effective, it better build into something that really only supports would want

TOP10 ELO

11-09-2012

you wanted to give us a larger item pool not a smaller..

you are removing so many items and not give them a alternative