Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili01 View Post
I feel bad for supports. no more HoG
Luckily the sightstone has health built into it

CaptainMĂĄrvelous

11-09-2012

Xypherous. I need to ask you this NOW.

What is happening to stack items. mejais, occults, leviathan.

Seriously. I need to know like yesterday. These items are a pain in the ass to deal with and serve only to make that end-game even stronger for pro/snowball.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

11-09-2012

heart of gold removed?
wut

MrHedge64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Soo, Xyph, we gonna see any gp5 for manaless ad supports, like Lee Sin? (who is unconventional, sure, but works rather well.)

Because so far, all the season 3 changes have done nothing but enforce the current team comps, and making sure they never, ever change.

NotBuzzJack

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuchika View Post
As an fairly avid Hecarim player, the removal of FoN makes me a sad pony.
inb4 the move speed from FoN is moved to IE.

Strossus Gran

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Fixing the 0 cs meta.
This. They already said they're adding another gold stream for supports, so they will be less reliant on GP5 stacking. Now instead of a (other than gold) useless (for a long time) HoG you can spend 25g more and get an early Kindlegem! Aside from gold stream, I'd much rather have early CDR for Sona and Leona.

Who this really hurts is those hurt by the jungle changes, tanky/support AOE junglers like Naut/Sejuani who relied on the GP/5 to supplement their mediocre farming AND scale off health. Statikk said they'll keep an eye on them but I have my worries about big ole Naut for the near future...

Just A Game Brah

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
This.

Unless the range on Sightstone wards is something like 350 or less, the item is overpowered as ****.
Yup. I predict health bonus will be removed via hot fix.

I guess Riot really wants to discourage ganks and roaming.

Time to hone my cs skillz so I'm ready for Farmville 3, I mean, Season 3.

Arcqe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

any concern on items that keep the gp10 aspect when fully upgraded causing characters to snowball too hard?

or are all the items that keep the gp10 aspect extremely support focused?

also, effects of sightstone becoming required on characters like lee sin or kat who can ward jump?

CashanDraven

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Hey guys. Continuing from my initial discussion of preseason itemization changes, which you can read [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31152189"]here[/url2],

Elixir of Agility – Removed

Right now Elixir of Agility serves a single purpose in the game – to make the winning hyper-carry exponentially more powerful than the losing one. This has some general negative effects: Due to the multiplicative factor of attack speed and critical strike, the raw DPS increase is always better for the winner than the loser in this case. It also strongly pigeonholes viable end-game carry builds to take advantage of critical strike, as it is the cheapest and most powerful form of DPS boost.

Alternative: None

We don’t want an item in the game whose sole purpose is to pigeonhole end-game carry builds and provide exponential damage increase to a single class. While there should be purchasable buffs that help close out the game, a 250 Gold item that typically only benefits a single player on the winning team seemed a bit superfluous.
  • [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31152189"]Preseason Itemization Preview[/url2]
  • [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2777657"]Item Preview – Tons of Mana, just one Tear[/url2]
About the Elixer, you say you don't want items that pigeon-hole people into certain builds, but then why is Infinity Edge not getting the boot as well? Right now, it is the quintessential AD carry item. No other AD item in the game can come close to what this item offers, and it is in EVERY ADC's list to get, and generally the first major item they build.

If a carry has this item, and their opponents do not, assuming equal farm, the one with IE is going to win.

GhostStalker

11-09-2012

Does haunting guise have an upgrade?