Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FReisen

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
but it kept fighting with Manamune for dominance.

So instead I just tried to focus on making Manamune better.
I suppose Manamune and Chalice being able to be combined into a new item is out of the question as well?

YuriKitten

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzabo View Post
They will just build philo and a giant's belt, GG.

"UNIQUE Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions)."

I prefeer MBR.

except you'll have far more sustain with the new item, and the new item is supposedly going to be physical damage, despite what the version in TT is, which means it'll work with Last Whisper and the other AD items you already get (like frozen mallet) and will hopefully finally convince people to stop wasting a slot on malady (unless they're finally going to buff it into something not completely ****...),

PunnyMaster

Recruiter

11-15-2012

HOW did madred bloodrazor doesn't fit in ? it give magic damage in case all the enemy go full armor so the adc can at least deal some damage to the enemy, it gives attack speed to the adc and because it was build from madred razor, it gives the adc some damage and armor that he need early game. it is the item that totally FIT into the play style of bot lane and it make kog maw who he is.

RB teh Support

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

You removed my HoG, I WILL KEEL YOU

Tack22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Unless you make Shurelia's able to give energy regen as well as mana, you've just closed off Shen, Zed and Mundo as support/jungle characters.

HoG has it's place, and it's necessary to have multiple options for early game items, so that you can choose the gp5 for the situation.

Bastilean

11-16-2012

Please don't remove Force of Nature and MBR. They are both part of my Poppy build and Spirit Visage is not even close to replacing that Garen style health regeneration.

Edited: We will see if you are killing me smalls.

Xypherous you have out done yourself with quotes in this thread. Love you.

Darklightning

11-16-2012

Quote:
Same problem - Health and GP/10 aren't statistics that mix well to create interesting gameplay. You incur advantage by not doing anything and you simultaneously make every course of action harder for the opponent.

Contrast, Philosopher's stone - which helps you gain advantage passively but exposes a weakness in your build - the lack of any health or Sightstone, which gives you a temporary advantage (vision) and permanent utility (more vision) but you're not getting stronger versus the opponent.
It was the perfect item for Malphite. I didn't use it in a passive way. <cries> I played a Harassing Support, now, <sniffles> that will be much harder.

<moves on with life>

Ravendar

11-16-2012

:O

Darklightning

11-16-2012

Quote:
Not really, no.
I like the new wraith item that I read somewhere will chase after champions.

Bastilean

11-16-2012

honestly, HoG is definitely the best of the GP/5, but it isn't over powered IMO. I generally only build it on supports and it is the first support item I build.

For junglers and top where this item is popular, I avoid GP/5 items, because they actually push back important early game powerful items.

Madred's is exactly what you say it is: a tanky DPS item. I believe it is being removed because it is too powerful not because it is unpowerful. It's an excellent item for tanky dps and its not part of the meta golem so you should leave it in. Blade of the Ruined king does not have 40% AS and does not do much dmg once an enemy is low on health. Madred's is significantly more powerful than BotRK. The passive on BotRK is nice, but what people really wanted was a spell vamp item upgrade to Bilgewater Cutlass.
==> I am going to go further and say that you are not just removing MBR because it is so powerful, but you are removing MBR because it is too powerful with the new Hurricane and you are making sure on hit effect doesn't rofl stomp too hard with huricane equipped, because MBR is currently the most powerful on hit effect item out there.
==> I find this more than frustrating because I jungle Poppy, and MBR is excellent in the jungle and builds out of a jungle item. I have found that clearing jungle and waves with Poppy is best done with a MRazor and attack speed, but if I don't have a solid way to apply this build to enemy heros I will have a more difficult time ahead of me getting to a stage I am a relevant contributing member of my team: the ultimate goal of every Poppy player because you guys have nerfed early game Poppy so bad.
==> Also, BotRK is cheap rather than powerful and I would rather have the option to pay the extra 1000 for the extra 40% AS.

This reminds me... why is the upgrade to Tiamat not spell vamp?

Why isn't there an AD spell vamp item being shown off yet?

Don't worry though I will give it a whirl. I can start trying to add BotRK on TT and see how it goes.