Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonnoi

11-14-2012

Xypherous, What are you going to do about Nashor's Tooth? Probably one of the most brutal noob traps. I find the issue with this item is greater than that of MBR (Altough I WHOLLY agree with the removal of the item as it was truly a very bad pick). But please, elaborate on this matter a little more, this item needs help, it REALLY needs help.
Since there are more items like this one ill list them as well. They are Malady and Rageblade.
Both of these are items that have been greatly misunderstood as being good when they are actually very bad. Please, either remove them or make them viable because just like MBR and Nashor's, They are gimping the power of people who buy them and effectively making them less prominent parts of their team.

dashwinner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

i loved FoN

but i can see why you're taking it off. im just a sucker for hp regen.

Tsabo

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Same problem - Health and GP/10 aren't statistics that mix well to create interesting gameplay. You incur advantage by not doing anything and you simultaneously make every course of action harder for the opponent.

Contrast, Philosopher's stone - which helps you gain advantage passively but exposes a weakness in your build - the lack of any health or Sightstone, which gives you a temporary advantage (vision) and permanent utility (more vision) but you're not getting stronger versus the opponent.
They will just build philo and a giant's belt, GG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriKitten View Post
Not when you consider what's replacing bloodrazor.
"UNIQUE Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions)."

I prefeer MBR.

Katsunichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I'm going to be completely selfish:

1) Removing FoN? No. Hate it. I rely on it as a main health regen item, magic resist item, and movement speed item on tanks (especially Mundo; he just excels with FoN). If you were to rework Spirit Visage to give movement speed I'd be okay with it (health regen I can easily substitute).

2) Ionic Spark is only good on Gankplank and Shen? So, what attack speed Teemo doesn't use it?

3) Removing Heart of Gold is a bad choice, again because it's a good option for tanks (especially those that don't use mana, like Shen or Mundo). What do I do for Mundo early game now? Buy a Philosopher's Stone with wasted mana regen? Or Kage's Lucky Pick with wasted AP? I don't like it. A Vladamir that's not doing so well early game could really use it too, as he builds health anyways to counter the cost for his abilities (like Mundo).

Overall, I don't like the changes so far.

Katsunichi

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrusrex View Post
as a dr. Mundo player, i'm really sad about losing force of nature. Everything about it was great for mundo. Speed increase/regeneration/magic resist. There's no other item that's comparable. And too often items that have one or two of these attributes made us waste gold and itemization on mana.
yes thank you

IcedStorm

11-15-2012

great now everyone who plays support will have to start learning about kill lanes..... whelp good thing im set with darius support

Mnaircckel

11-15-2012

I disagree with the FON removal. It was a niche item that worked very well on many bruisers. Limiting variation in the game is a BAD thing. Same goes for Ionic Spark.

Pissfer

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunichi View Post
I'm going to be completely selfish:

1) Removing FoN? No. Hate it. I rely on it as a main health regen item, magic resist item, and movement speed item on tanks (especially Mundo; he just excels with FoN). If you were to rework Spirit Visage to give movement speed I'd be okay with it (health regen I can easily substitute).

2) Ionic Spark is only good on Gankplank and Shen? So, what attack speed Teemo doesn't use it?

3) Removing Heart of Gold is a bad choice, again because it's a good option for tanks (especially those that don't use mana, like Shen or Mundo). What do I do for Mundo early game now? Buy a Philosopher's Stone with wasted mana regen? Or Kage's Lucky Pick with wasted AP? I don't like it. A Vladamir that's not doing so well early game could really use it too, as he builds health anyways to counter the cost for his abilities (like Mundo).

Overall, I don't like the changes so far.
I'm not going to respond on 1 or 2, but I do agree with their choice to remove HoG. The reason they did it is relatively the same as what you said.

And really, for your options, you could just get Sightstone, which gives similar health and wards instead of G/10. And it's cheaper too (650 I think). No, it won't help you catch up, but really the G/10 items were supposed to be MORE meant for supports with lower CS

Buffy Wayne

11-15-2012

Nice.

Captainsplatter

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
SotO / Mejai / Leviathan you mean?

Out of these items, Mejai's is the only one that actually works in the current state of the game, I believe. Levi's core concept I think isn't very salvage-able, unfortunately - being a defensive snowball item kind of fights itself in so many ways.

Although whenever I think about SoTO - it should work for the same reason that Mejai's works - but it's never materialized. Like, there's enough AP casters who are so safe that opting into extra risk for additional power is a great contexual buy, like Lux or Eve, for example... but there's no parallel in the AD world.
I feel like the three are suited for the game, although it is true the conditions and it being rare for AD to be safe, but things like yorick can handle having SoTO and it pays off well, some safe range, encouragement to kill the guy that you don't want to facefight and his ultimate persists shortly after death.

On the subject of removals I feel like force of nature is on the brink of too powerful considering the bonus' I'm not sure how they're not considered beneficial to specific jobs in the game.

Ionic spark and mandreds really were powerful under certain conditions, I'll be sad to see them go because you wont be able to have enough magic damage to counter your AFKed caster with only wits end. Now random ques with stubborn players that were going surprise AD caster can have an enemy team stack armor while AD carry cannot change their play.
I hope you guys bring back in some magic damage on hit, we lost Sword of the Divine for ionic spark and now it feels like we don't get a replacement.

P.S. I miss old sivir, the character sucked but the play style was unique and fun.