Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
There is an item that gives 100% attack speed.

For a very very short time.
Any chance we'll also see an item that gives a large amount of CDR for a very short time? I'd love to see something like that!

InfiniteVoid316

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
Any chance we'll also see an item that gives a large amount of CDR for a very short time? I'd love to see something like that!
would have to rework the CDR system in order for that to be coherent.

TheXthDoctor

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Force of Nature - Removed

Force of Nature has been the go-to high MR item for tanks who want to counter magic damage. The item, however, is kind of confusing. Is it a movement speed option for fighters and tanks? Or is it meant to be a regeneration item in sieges? Force of Nature’s odd stat combination made it particularly difficult to make it feel like a quality purchase. One of its attributes was probably redundant or unnecessary on your character.

Alternative: Spirit Visage

Spirit Visage is getting a slight touch up for the preseason. It will now build out of Negatron Cloak instead of Null Magic Mantle, and Spirit Visage’s passive is getting a bump in power. Additionally, there are a lot more Tier 2.5 items that offer Magic Resistance, allowing you to more easily spec into Magic Resistance without wasting slot efficiency.
Sure, this may work when you're looking at just tanks, but what about tanky bruisers? Take Shyvana for example. She has no natural sustain, so the hp5 helps her. The mr works wonders with her ult's passive. And the ms bonus synergizes so well with her w.

If you think about it beyond Shyvana, you realize the item really isn't that awkward at all. All its stats are useful for initiators and tanks. It can be a sort of sustain item for them when they lack that stat in other items. It can serve as the ms boost equivalent of PD on adcs or Lich Bane on ap mids.

Wasn't the reason behind FoN's awkwardness as an item the fact that it's the highest current mr item? And in order to not make this high mr item op, you stick what you consider an odd combination of stats with it. If you justify its removal with an upgrade to Spirit Visage, it seems like you'd have to add more than just increased numbers to make it a viable replacement for FoN. If you buff the passive, why not add a small hp5 stat to the item?

Another point to consider is the general lack of other heavy mr items. Currently, there are only 3 others (4 if you count the soon-to-be-buffed SV): Banshee's Veil, QSS, and Abyssal Scepter. Don't get me wrong, they're all nice items. The first 2 are very anti-cc, and the last is useful on any champ who scales well with the ap. The problem here is that they're all extremely situational as mr items that they don't usually fit into a core build as well as FoN might (maybe with the exception of Abyssal Scepter on someone like Galio). Even Spirit Visage is situational because you need someone with enough health regen in their kit/build to make effective use of its passive (Think Mundo, Vlad, etc.). This leaves players without a decent item to cover the usefulness of FoN.

Overall this item removal doesn't seem very well-thought-out.

Luvatar

11-11-2012

My only concern is the removal of attack speed options.

Right now, you have Wits/Malady/Ionic/MDB items to fill in your on-hit build. But you now just removed 2 of them. How else am I going to continue the on-hit build path?

KillerJaedong

11-11-2012

About trap items, SotO is the biggest "noob trap" in the game.
It's never efficient. You'd always be better off just getting that BF sword and upgrade to IE or BT.

Mejais is efficient because the ammount of AP it gives is far higher than any of the AP items, and it gives you CDR which is cruical.
It's actually a risk/reward item, whereas SotO full stacked is just about as good as a BT, if not worse and your BT would be stacked before your SotO anyway.

160 AP + 15 cdr is so strong compared to 110 attack damage + 15% MS, and on top of this SotO is MORE expensive what the?
If you get SotO somewhat early you also take away so much more killpotential than if you're buying a mejais since AP carrys have much higher kill potential just by leveling up than AD carrys.

SotO should be reworked or removed.

RAGC

11-11-2012

will we be seeing a price increase in items such as tiamat because of the removal of revuvination bead?

venny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

GG support builds =/ I can see supports dying like flies now.

ShadowNinetails

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
Ok, MBR is a noob trap. Got it. Then why is Phreak building it as his first "core item" on Teemo in his champion spotlight?
Because how else is Teemo going to jungle?

tbboomer

11-11-2012

i have heard that heart of gold is going to be removed why would that be happening

KillerJaedong

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbboomer View Post
i have heard that heart of gold is going to be removed why would that be happening
They've explained it about 100 times.
Its too good, everyone gets it and it rewards passive play something like that...
I'd argue alot of items are too good tho =)