Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Will the Melee Dps get their own version of Abyssal Scepter would like to see the Armor reduction arua come back.

AvariceX

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Ionic Spark Removed

Ionic Spark is a bit of a confusing item right now. Ionic Spark only fully synergizes with one or two champions (Shen, Gangplank), but its good to have an effective wave clearing option for characters that lack an innate ability to quickly deal with waves of minions. For a proc-build, Ionic Spark is awkward because it grants a very inconsistent proc that does some damage but is inferior to Wits End in a lot of cases.

Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wits End
Riot confirmed racist against bears.

Pixxy

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because it's what we refer to as a "noob trap" - an item that seems powerful and looks attractive, but actually gimps your build in almost any situation.

Under your justification, we should just release 100 new items with a random smattering of stats. Meanwhile, someone who hasn't done the math is buying these items and doesn't understand why he can't get the job done.
Why don't you just leave it in, but rename it "Ironic Spark"?

godhunter1053

11-10-2012

Health on supports early is kind of hurting now. I'm skeptacle putting this in this thread and on a saturday, but a HoG rush was the way to survive bursty lanes. With that option gone, unless there are other ways to gain gold on supports without cs early, you are pretty much pigeonholed into getting a philo, even against a leona lane which you would normally want the health. :/

Have you considered a sort of reverse scaling gold income. <-crappy phrasing. Basically make the passive gold income on gp/10s (or at least on the health one) become less effective with increased cs? That would mean maybe a jungler could get it if he wanted to rush an item that came from it, or a top laner could get it to stay relevent and help him into mid/late game, but it wouldn't help the winner win as they would, supposedly, be getting higher cs?

If you make it so at every ~20 cs it takes an extra second to generate the gold or something, then you won't effect supports (for the most part) and it won't be terribly snowbally in other lanes. Or you could say it only generates gold up to 50cs. I have no idea what numbers might be good off hand, but is the idea viable at all?

bodhi

11-10-2012

Quote:
Hextech Chicken? It took an insane amount of micro for very little gain actually. While the concept was hilarious - it just didn't work out. You'd constantly have to manage the Chicken - but then you weren't really doing anything else important.

There will be alternative ways to gain vision or guess where enemy champions are.
what about if the chicken wandered aimlessly around your side of the map, an untamable chicken that couldn't be controlled by anyone. it would have random routes through your jungle and it granted less vision than a ward, so in the off chance it stumbles on an enemy you have vision?

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
I don't usually follow all of the TT stuff since I'm pretty heads down in making sure all of this works out in SR. I typically get tunnel vision when I'm working on something.
So what does this mean for blade of the ruined king? If it does two similar but different things on different maps, shouldn't the names be changed, kind of like bloodthirster and sanguine blade?

Gurei Fullbuster

11-10-2012

Quote:
Hextech Chicken? It took an insane amount of micro for very little gain actually. While the concept was hilarious - it just didn't work out. You'd constantly have to manage the Chicken - but then you weren't really doing anything else important.

There will be alternative ways to gain vision or guess where enemy champions are.

Critmaster Garen

11-10-2012

Quote:
Well, to be fair, resource-less champions get a huge advantage in the fact that.. they're resourceless to begin with. Your early itemization starts can be far more aggressive due to this fact.
thats why they have a lot longer cooldowns on their abilities than manausing champions, dont they? they have to invest heavier into cdr than manausers, while manausers get the stat practically for free on most of their items, but they have to invest extra gold into more mana.

a lot of items for manausers have about 15% to 20% cdr in addition to all the other goodies, while its really hard for manaless bruisers, ad casters or even mages (nerfed dfg) to aquire the stat.

how many drawbacks are manaless champions supposed to have in your opinion in comparison to manausers?

Super Explosion

11-10-2012

Quote:
Manaless supports aren't something I'm sure is a good idea to support. There's a weird flow to manaless supports where if they *can* support effectively - then the only option left is to burst because sustaining / harassing are effectively free for them.

You can't burn down the mana bar of something that has no mana, essentially. It's a very dangerous concept in general.
That assumes the support is a sustainer or poker.

Dark Seer could potentially be a useful manaless support.

Or any short damage range buffing champion.

radajin

11-10-2012

So i was wondering if for somthing like ionic spark if it just had a much weaker effect that proced on ever strike (which would look like a lightning storm and cool.) or if you could latch the 4 hit proc on an existing item like malady or wit's. it is just such a cool effect to get rid of imo. But i understand the balance for this.
As for mbr, i always used it on kog to extend his w dmg.... but that is so nitchy, i'd rather see BotRK instead, as i love this item on TT