Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsonBlader24

11-10-2012

With the removal of Meki Pendant, will Chalice of Harmony build out of one or two Fairie Charms?

Crowcide

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
% health true damage doesn't counter tanks. It just counters everyone equally - so if it's good enough to counter tanks - you should just get it every game.

It also generally gets terrible feedback in testing. You essentially start invalidating entire classes from playing the game due if the baseline counter is this.
Math fail. If only tanks and carries had the same armor...

MichaeI Jaxon

11-10-2012

Quote:
We're doing a change (or a bugfix, depending on your point of view) on both Warwick and Malzahar. Their ultimates will be treated like leashes... because they kind of are. (You can't QSS leashes. You can only break them via distance.)

What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing. Malzahar will get his full Nether Grasp until they break the leash and Warwick typically gets 2 (maybe 3) more swipes before the target walks away.
Before I was cynical to some of the changes, now I'm madly in love with you.

1st HanarSpectre

11-10-2012

I don't understand Sightstone.
It's already extremely hard to gank the b otlane when playing against decent people. This will just make it worst.

Romra

11-10-2012

Quote:
I know - when I originally tested the item, I intended it to deal physical damage. When we tested it, it dealt physical damage. When it was overpowered at % maximum health, it did physical damage.

When they ported it over to TT - I'm not sure what exactly happened. XD
Typically, if it's physical damage on an auto-attack, you can lifesteal from it, right? Was this a problem?

1st HanarSpectre

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romra View Post
Typically, if it's physical damage on an auto-attack, you can lifesteal from it, right? Was this a problem?
You can't lifesteal or spellvamp from on hit effect.

Brycerras

11-10-2012

I kind of feel the madreds change hurt in some places. I liked having it as an aspd item. It makes me feel that now wits end and PD are the only real aspd items. Then again, I never did look to deeply at the items available.

LarcyBrown

11-10-2012

these changes are really big, hey you might as well remove % health runes while your at it.I use them but i think most people think they are useless.Maybe leave space for some other stuff.

I also think removing ionic spark is a bad idea, you should not remove anything labeled as pure fun within the game even if the effectiveness is a bit questionnable.

Krebstar

11-10-2012

Quote:
Thirdly, let's say we buffed MBR, who does this actually benefit? Well, in all actuality, it buffs tanky fighters and lets them kill squishy targets faster. At its core, MBR is a fighter item - not a ranged carry item - and while it being a fighter item *might* be fine - its real sin is that it's a anti-squishy item for bruisers that pretends to be an anti-bruiser item for squishies.
Isn't the same true for MBR's replacement? The slow active seems useful for an AD at first blush, but how does it really fare against the ubiquity of gap-closers in the fighter class? If the AD and the bruiser both blow their gap closers (and PD's movespeed has been cut), what's to stop the bruiser from just running the carry down for the kill? I see BoTRK being much more useful for the pursuer than the pursued in this case, and the build path from cutlass also suggests this imo.

Also, has any consideration been given to the balance of Randuin's vs Frozen Heart after HoG is removed from the game? This seems like a nerf to Randuin's which was already seen as weaker than Frozen Heart. To this matter, is it intended that the attack speed slow on Wardens/Randuin's only affects base attack speed instead of total attack speed (as it does on Frozen Heart)? I don't know if I believe it, but I saw it here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Randuin%27s_Omen.

On the CDR cap argument as to why kindlegem couldn't replace HoG in Randuin's: How many champs that purchase Randuin's or Frozen Heart ever CDR cap? I find it very hard to believe especially for the Randuin's case, as the user probably won't be buying Frozen Heart.

The Nice Boat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Unrelated to these changed but regarding items, will making sunfire a toggle be an option?