Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChodusMinimus

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
We're doing a change (or a bugfix, depending on your point of view) on both Warwick and Malzahar. Their ultimates will be treated like leashes... because they kind of are. (You can't QSS leashes. You can only break them via distance.)

What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing. Malzahar will get his full Nether Grasp until they break the leash and Warwick typically gets 2 (maybe 3) more swipes before the target walks away.
Wait, Xyph, does this mean that if I, as WW, ulti my target and they get knocked away (Ali headbutt, Jayce hammer) by an ally, my ulti will cancel?
What if it's Ezreal and I ult him while his E is casting? When his E goes off, does my ulti cancel?

DouglasBouglas

11-10-2012

so you guys buff ionic spark, make it more viable than before. easily the funnest item in the game, awesome animation, awesome sound, but now you are going to delete it because wit's end is 'better'... WHY? WHY? leave it, its fun, viable, and no reason why you cant have two similar items. who cares if more people build wit's end. i will still build ionic spark when i feel the want/need, it is awesome early game on some junglers. WHY? WHY? what if the enemy team is ad heavy and you want an attack speed item, i usually get ionic spark because mbr cost too much. what willl i do now? AFDASKJFASD"FKASDFAs,lfASDnf

Themarker0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Hey, can we talk about Hybrid and hybrid items? They were both nerfed hard in the meta, to the point where building rageblane or gunblade is useless.

Sunscorcher1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Force of Nature - Removed

Force of Nature has been the go-to high MR item for tanks who want to counter magic damage. The item, however, is kind of confusing. Is it a movement speed option for fighters and tanks? Or is it meant to be a regeneration item in sieges? Force of Nature’s odd stat combination made it particularly difficult to make it feel like a quality purchase. One of its attributes was probably redundant or unnecessary on your character. [/LIST]
odd stat combination? redundant? what are you guys smoking??

Roisterer

11-10-2012

Alright, I wanted to throw out a problem that you might not have come across, looking at the high ELOs as you do.

But I'm a level 22, playing loooooow ELO support. Which means hyper aggressive lanes, and carries that can't last hit well, and sometimes going against double lanes where both enemy champions are less poke, more high aggro.

Meki pendant was a lifesaver. Fairie charm didn't provide enough mana regen for really aggressive lanes with occasionally very stupid carries when you need a lot of mana. Build into a chalice of harmony, and you're really mana solid for the rest of the game.

I, and probably a lot of other lower players, don't have the IP to dish out for tons of runes. Where are we supposed to go for stronger, early game mana sustain? And, of course, what will now build into chalice?

Maereax

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind Slab View Post
I like the idea of a kind of ward trap. You could buy a trap ward for 30g or so, it would only provide sight like a teemo shroom, and destroying it would deal some true damage to the last hitter and mark them with sight for a little while. This means that if someone wants to oracles sweep and you can't kill them, like a jungle mundo or something. Then they have to take the risk that you have set a trap. This also gives some counter play to this and I think it opens up some interesting strategies. You could plant 3 trap wards and one regular ward in the same spot. The sweeper has to decide if it's worth it to break all of them, or just place two regular wards so that they think one is a trap ward.
That's a REALLY cool idea. Some kind of a 'Ward Trap' item that penalizes oracles/pink ward counter-warding. The only problem is that it sorta has to have actual consequences and not just 4-5% of your health while you're alone in the jungle (later game, tanks usually buy the oracles - 200 damage or whatever to them is nothing)

This could actually turn warding/countering wards into a strategy rather than mindless dropping/orcale sweeping

Lvl 8 Psyduck

11-10-2012

man the reason why you removed hog is retarded

philo got hp/5 and mana/5 and these stats are only good early

are you gonna remove it too?!!! Im so pissed off just by reading that

otherwise am happy with everything else

what am I gonna build early on my support to make them beefier?? nothing

and I have to die or play boring passive game instead of being real support and kick butt

IS1c4d0c584523e580653b4

11-10-2012

Quote:
Generally, we've found that CDR is actually an annoying stat to put everywhere due to the fact that CDR caps at 40%. We have to be very careful about putting CDR on items - because while it's desirable statistics, it makes the items fight each other for space even more so.

An item that doesn't have CDR on it can basically stand on its own because it doesn't fight for space in your CDR cap.
This is so true! I hate when I'm above the CDR cap, but it's not usually a problem once you're done experimenting with builds and runes on the champ.
Have you considered implementing a soft cap similar to the movement speed?
It would make me feel less bad to go 5% above the hard cap no matter how small return you'd get from the "extra" CDR.

Swerto

11-10-2012

The fact you're not removing GP10 saddns me.

sniperkillerut

11-10-2012

@Xypherous:

What if Madred’s Bloodrazor or Ionic Spark or any other item had some kind of multiplier, I mean something like Deathfire Grasp but that scales of AD/Atk Spd/Crit chance/MS/my own health/armor/MR/something, keep them passive on hit or active, or active: you gain a on hit for X secs, whatever
They would be fun and that would fix the "flat damage problem", might become too OP though.