Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TOP10 ELO

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Not really, no.
Dota 2 is still on beta and has that micro system, LOL is out here for over 3 years and still has the same old-dated single character system, when are you going to try to improve your game?

Shaniqua SON

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Hey xypherous, is it possible for the Blackfire torch to be implemented in to Summoners Rift? because I really like that item and it will help ap casters a lot in taking down tanks and bruisers

Seek Absolution

11-10-2012

With the break up of Force of Nature and the talk of upgrading some of the support items like the Locket of the Iron Solari, i'm curious.

Are there plans to provide some upgrade path to Aegis of the Legion or something beyond Aegis?

There are items in place that you can build for your team to provide defense against AD (Frozen Heart for passive attack speed debuff, Randuin's for the active, Zeke's to give sustain) but after Aegis, there's nothing that provides for your team against AP damage.

And there's also nothing really solid individually for people to build for MR. Generally speaking the standard practice is sorta, you buy a Negatron or Null Magic Mantle and then... you save a whole lot more gold before you can do anything with it. There's no stepping point. Meanwhile, when you build armor defensive, there were good middle points (Glacial Shroud is still a good item to Frozen Heart, Warden's Mail is an amazing item on the way to Randuin's).

Confusion567

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Hey Xypherous, I'm concerned about top lane.

It's so snowbally and duely already, can you tell me what's being done to keep it from being "best duelist wins" like it is on Live? Heart of Gold removal lowers its snowbally effect, but it seems like it makes it even more about having to get kill after kill. What's being done to combat the dominance of champions like Darius, Riven, and other duelists?

Sir Slipps

11-10-2012

So Xyph, one item I'm surprised you haven't mentioned yet is Boots of Swiftness. I think it's too much of a niche item, like Ionic Spark, but BoS aren't exactly cost-efficient. Any plans for those boots or any others?

Aacey

11-10-2012

Quote:
Generally, we've found that CDR is actually an annoying stat to put everywhere due to the fact that CDR caps at 40%. We have to be very careful about putting CDR on items - because while it's desirable statistics, it makes the items fight each other for space even more so.

An item that doesn't have CDR on it can basically stand on its own because it doesn't fight for space in your CDR cap.
Just wondering while this came up are there gonna be any new cdr items for manaless champs ie certain health and or energy users. Cdr was half the reason i built DFG on Mordekaiser

Talking about Morde made me remember another question. Are there gonna be any new spell vamp lifesteal items or any changes to the way spellvamp works?

Arcade Bunny

11-10-2012

Any plans on making niche/useless runes viable?

Finaltidus

11-10-2012

with all this talk of wards and vision, why not create an item for supports that does something like increases your vision so you can see farther into the fog of war, it would help out supports and would help the lane as long as the support was communicating with the ADC, you would need to make it unattractive to other roles, but it would seem like a nice addition.

Prototypetwo

11-10-2012

Quote:
% health true damage doesn't counter tanks. It just counters everyone equally - so if it's good enough to counter tanks - you should just get it every game.

It also generally gets terrible feedback in testing. You essentially start invalidating entire classes from playing the game due if the baseline counter is this.
%bonus health true damage doesn't counter everyone equally. This effect already exists in many abilities, but never in using an opponent's bonus health. (And truly I'm suggesting a combination of max health/bonus health, so it isn't absolutely useless vs a carry)

I see a few big issues with that, mostly in knowing when it'd be useful. Health values don't display bonus health, but then again it's pretty easy to tell when someone does or does not have a solid amount of bonus hp.

Is there any possibility of involving bonus health in item use?

Kzalor

11-10-2012

You mentioned that part of the rationale behind the introduction of Sightstone was to change current warding patterns and to address the oracles sweep that the pros do not like. Instead, one of the goals is to place more emphasis on a pink ward strategy. Are you concerned that removing a vital GP/10 support item (Heart of Gold) may actually hurt supports long-term with this change in ward play? On the one hand, Sightstone is paid off after you have placed 8.33 wards and over the course of a longer game more than pays for itself. However, in the laning phase and the slow transition to mid-game (especially if bottom lane remains the tower to push last in order to facilitate maximum ADC farm), could the lack of this second GP/10 item mean that supports are actually starved for gold to buy other items because they are now required to pursue an aggressive pink ward strategy in bottom lane/objectives/jungle? You had mentioned that there will be other build options for the remaining GP/10 items so it is possible that Kage's Lucky Pick may build into a support item and this would solve the problem. Mostly I just worry that the gold burden won't be entirely solved by Sightstone if pink warding becomes a bigger thing.