Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drizzlefrizzle

11-10-2012

Many a tanky DPS will miss Ionic spark.

No HoG? No FoN? Nerfs on DFG? Welp, there goes Morde.

Wait madreds and ionic spark too? Bye bye dunkmaster jungle jarvan

Crunchdoggie

11-10-2012

BoRK BoRK BoRK

(sorry)

Xyltin

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Full vision for a team typically means 3 wards - as you can localize conflict on the map such that 3 wards are enough for you to care about all major inlets and outlets to the objective you care about. (Typically Nashor, but side towers as well.)

A lot of Pro player feedback centers around this fact as well. They tend to hate Oracle sweeping being a concept and would prefer the game revolve more around Pink Ward strategies.
What about an Oracle that allows you to only see invisible champs and no wards.
And another item that allows you to see and clear a certain amount of wards (or till death).

I'm sure there are tons of ideas and solutions to try. Are you making any changes there or is that something for a later date (S4?).

Saint Latona

11-10-2012

Xypherous, can you shed any light on further upgrades for Viktor's Hex Core if possible?

seungers

11-10-2012

Quote:
"Remove" in that he won't get the swap? Yes. Remove as in Urgot doesn't get 120 armor and magic resistance for 5 seconds? No.
What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing.

if im urgot using ultimate on my opponent but he/she uses QSS, should it break the 'stunning effect' but opponent still need to walk out of the distance of urgot's ult to avoid being swapped?

---sorry for english~

Xyltin

11-10-2012

Quote:
% health true damage doesn't counter tanks. It just counters everyone equally - so if it's good enough to counter tanks - you should just get it every game.

It also generally gets terrible feedback in testing. You essentially start invalidating entire classes from playing the game due if the baseline counter is this.
I know that the math would probably too silly to implement such an item, but what about
( HP * 0.03 )

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

11-10-2012

I remember i saw a streak with Wickd who bought ionic spark on irelia, it went good

sure it was a noobtrap to many champs (i know one who rush it to twitch every time...)
but i really dont like that you remove a item there is good to a great bundle of no AOE champs who cant farm

champs its quite "okay" to after what ive seen- kayle, shen, irelia, teemo(maybe not but i think so, whatever it doesnt matter since you remove teemo right ), volibear, on hit TF. and probably more champs

maybe you buff tiamat but face it, tiamat is giving horrible combination of stats, and its known as a troll item. No matter if its buffed or not i will get the feeling of humiliating myself by buying it :/

i find it okay with the rest of the items removal but since ionic spark is quite new and you also remove madrez you leave teemo, on hit/ AD tf, kayle,irelia without many classic and fun on-hit build paths

i really hope you guys are gonna change your mind at some point :P

Edzter

11-10-2012

no more meki pendant? what am i suppose to buy on path at the start of the game? boots? there goes spear shot farm and mid lane pantheon...

BaneRain

11-10-2012

Quote:
Hextech Chicken? It took an insane amount of micro for very little gain actually. While the concept was hilarious - it just didn't work out. You'd constantly have to manage the Chicken - but then you weren't really doing anything else important.
I think you should put it in anyway, it isn't very practical but it's funny as hell. Even if it was next to useless, I think it's still worth putting in. I mean it doesn't hurt anyone.

EchoRex

11-10-2012

Quote:
It's not a concern for me how much vision is on the map mostly because the maximal abuse case for vision has already been established - mass ward everywhere all the time. While this has generally been pretty bad - the time and ability it takes to completely black out your opponent's vision is the actual flaw with the mass vision setup. The possibility that you can black out your opponent and gain full vision meant that the best play was to starve the opposing support by killing the ward over and over again without taking action. By removing the ability to black out your opponent like this, we force teams that stalemate to try to break the stalemate through other means than the massive vision / counter-vision wars.

It's essentially a super slow and super safe way to achieve dominance over your opponent in a slow grindy fashion. When mass wards become powerful - the thing I'm worried about is actually teams wanting to use black-out tactics and take a million years doing so.
So what you're saying is you're nerfing CLG.eu? o.0