Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gryphios

11-10-2012

Any chance of turning Mana Manipulator and Emblem of Valor into gp/10 items? It seems like making aura items into the gp/10 items would make them great for supports and poor choices for anyone else.

Also, can we fix Soul Shroud? or give MM a better upgrade path? I know you guys hate the item but I think it's very useful in the current meta.

Storm Frog

11-10-2012

Are there going to be better options for characters with odd scaling?

Like Elise, for example.

IS16ac70fce0d8ebbea8e0b

11-10-2012

Is tiamat getting removed too? It's basically a useless or troll item.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
A lot of Pro player feedback centers around this fact as well. They tend to hate Oracle sweeping being a concept and would prefer the game revolve more around Pink Ward strategies.
So... is that going to happen? I'd be pretty happy about that.

TheTreeGod

11-10-2012

I wish I could just hear once what is stopping Sightstone from being core on junglers. I already think in the optimal situation it'll be used on 2 or 3 characters(Support/Jungle possibly Top)... Which is enough to ward every jungle exit... but if you add in Top laner that means everyone can adjust and now every jungle exit is warded and so it top and bot lane brush completely removing all gank paths for junglers that don't have some special way to surpass this lockout.

What is stopping this from happening? It will at least be a core item on any safe jungler who doesn't need any item to really clear better or be safer UNLESS there is something there is some critical detail missing that would somehow stop this.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

As a Malzahar player, I'm extremely happy to see suppression effects getting changed (even if 70 different champions can stop said ult anyway).

That said, I am of a curiosity about the Sight Stone thing. You mention that there is an increased desire for pink ward usage, and as such implies there's some issue with Oracle's Elixir in its prevalent usage. Is this the case? (It also would be nice to be able to reposition/use AS steroid as Twitch mid-teamfight while Oracle's is on something without being screwed over.)

As it stands, I'm already a player who buys a full stack of wards after laning (more than Sight Stone currently allows), so I feel like I wouldn't want this item unless I get it amazingly early - and even then, I would want a pink ward or two for dragon, while keeping the other two wards for tri-bush and lane. If I'm reading correctly, it upgrades into something, but unless this is going to give me more than 5 wards in a single item slot that can all be placed at the same time (I use A LOT of wards post-laning), this item won't be worth it in the long run. So basically, I guess I am asking, what incentives as a support player should I have to buy this item other than being safe in lane, and what does it provide to me after the laning phase is over?

ploki122

11-10-2012

Quote:
Is tiamat getting removed too? It's basically a useless or troll item.
Quote:
Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End

Tiamat has been vastly upgraded as a passive wave clearing item, while Wit’s End has always been the traditionally stronger option for Attack Speed / On-hit builds.
learn to read for teemo's sake...

PhattyBacon

11-10-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7pceX_Mnk

;_; innvervating locket where

Dingding123

11-10-2012

As an avid Tryndamere player, while I'm ironically content with the crit items available I can't wait to see what you have in store for Youmoo's and the other item built out of Avarice Blade.

Take your time guys, and keep it up! You're taking steps in the right direction!

DancingPigeon

11-10-2012

Hi Xyph,

Could you elaborate further on why no further upgrade paths for Mana Chalice were explored? Right now the stats on it are currently non-specialsed enough to see it being a valid choice on non-mages like top Nunu, Nidalee and a few others. It just seems strange that mage-specific stats are only brought on its final form, and there aren't any other options to branch out into.