Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS15780dc83872d25e80b86

11-10-2012

I am sad about the removal of Ionic Spark, it wasw my must buy on Volibear not only for the HP and DpS,
but for the unique passive. I mean it was pretty much a weaker version of Volibears Ultimate that you have always active.
@Xypherous: Will at least another item get Ionic Sparks visual effect? Main reason i buyed it to be honest.

Snippa

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ionic Spark is bad because it has a large set of conditions attached to it, some of which you can't control (whether you are doing well in the game or not, whether or not you can get 4 attacks in or not.)
I am not sure what you guys are doing with Ionic Spark (and many of the other items), but just looking at this statement here it would appear that the problem with this item could potentially be solved by lowering how many attacks it required to activate and adding in a cooldown so it would have a higher chance to activate but it wouldn't become abusive.

Edit: Of course that doesn't really fix a wasted chain lightning effect when there are no other enemies near your target though, but would probably make the item much more interesting to use.

Edit 2: late to the party, this post will probably never be seen by Riot eyes -.-

Weissy the Calm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

I posted this a while ago but I wanted to bring it up again.

Removing HoG will make Leona a lot weaker in bot lane. She doesn't needs Philo Stone as much as HoG due to her 'All in' play style and the other two passive gold gain items do nothing for her. She doesn't need AP and crit chance is useless on her.

This, combined with the new jungle changes, seems like it will also ruin what little you can do with jungle Leona as well. She already has a lot of trouble in the jungle until she gets a Wriggle's.

If there isn't some health item that Leona can build while effectively accruing gold, she won't really have a place anywhere anymore.

John McGuirk

11-10-2012

Quote:
Full vision for a team typically means 3 wards - as you can localize conflict on the map such that 3 wards are enough for you to care about all major inlets and outlets to the objective you care about. (Typically Nashor, but side towers as well.)

A lot of Pro player feedback centers around this fact as well. They tend to hate Oracle sweeping being a concept and would prefer the game revolve more around Pink Ward strategies.
Full vision before teams are contesting Nashor is definitely more than 3 wards, but it is true that around 3 is typically enough for full vision of what's actually relevant when it comes to that point in the game.

Is it possible we might see changes to wards in general (not just limited to Sightstone) such that they cannot be spammed endlessly? You seem to even be making my case that a limited amount of wards (three, in this case) is enough, and admitting that wards everywhere constantly is pretty bad.

Any changes (removal?) to Oracles? Maybe something item based with cooldown instead of a constant effect from an elixir?

Tengen Toppa

11-10-2012

Have you considered a support item with an active that gives them a short term oracles?

Would allow teams to clear wards from priority areas such as baron, but not completely deny vision to a team.

The Star of Hope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
If we wanted to make Math Wars, we'd make Math Wars. It would be epic. INTEGRATE THIS CALCULATION TO DEAL MASSIVE DAMAGE.

However, we want to test other skills than how much reading you've done on the math that someone else did for you. We want to test how well you can fight your opponent - not how many math calculation guides you've read beforehand.
Now how am I going to make use of my PhD!

Wait. Massive Damage? Math Wars? Where do I sign up?

Edit: A further question. As the dimensionality of a problem increase will the aforementioned 'Massive Damage' follow a geometric progression, and how will you balance the application of component and factor analytical methods?

Titan Tactics

11-10-2012

New Spells Xyph?

How about something unique like this for epic moments..

Spell
Your champion lets loose a fireball into the air, landing in a small/medium location exploding dealing damage. (1200 Range)
*damage is only dealt in that circle, and is shot up above the map.

Corrosive Sludge

11-10-2012

Xypherous , could you let us know what is the status of CDR items on champions that do not use the Mana, while still using ninja tabi/merc treads.

turkeyBACON

11-10-2012

I'm heading off to bed. Thanks for taking your time to answer our questions and give some insight. G'night.

Lolex

11-10-2012

Could you explain a little why you think that Blade of the Ruined King will work better then MBR?
As you mentioned, the problem is that the on hit effect deals magic damage rather then physical damage, and it still does. Do you think that will be solved simply by making it heal you a bit as well? I would personally rather go a BT instead.