Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

What happened to the health regen gold per 5 that was talked about a while ago? I seem to recall it being mentioned that there would be a philo equivalent for manaless champions.

turkeyBACON

11-10-2012

Can I ask why sightstone grants vision through more wards? While wards are undoubtedly effective, I remember in a bygone age that a Red said that you guys were experimenting with an item that gave a wandering chicken(?) pet. A mobile ward is arguably more interesting and provides more gameplay. Is that idea completely off the table at this point?

Lame One

11-10-2012

Am I just being stupid, or are a good deal of things being referenced without any origin for the question? I've seen numerous posts regarding the Sightstone, and a few about the Manamune, but looking through Xypherous's posts, I can't find the one where he actually explains what exactly they are going to be.

Garlyle Wilds

11-10-2012

On the subject of Ionic Spark... I'm not going to complain about it being removed, especially on Summoner's Rift.

[b]However, can we get Ionic Spark to stick around on Proving Grounds?[b] (or added if my memory is failing me and it's not there right now)

One of the main issues with Ionic Spark - "are there going to be targets around to make the proc worthwhile?" is kind of fixed by proving grounds being what it is. It adds a really neat itemization option there as a result, giving those who want to build on-hits a new way of poking/harassing the enemy team, among other things.

Unless, of course, the Statikk Shiv or any other new AS items have a functionally similar effect that would work in Proving Grounds, in which case, nevermind!

BFIceBrand

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebo Killa View Post
The thing I don't think Xyph sees about the outrage from community about MBR is that they are removing the AS from the item. The old MBR gave a lot of carries the option of going Kogmaw style if the need ever arose, say mf vs mundo or just varus for the synergy.

The whole thing that made MBR work well in the first place was having that AS steroid. That's why you saw Kogmaw and Nunu in competitive play.

I hope they take a look at the amount of disappointment coming from the community and decide against shoving it down our throats.
Agreed we should create a petition...This should not be swept under the rug.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
50 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Can I ask why sightstone grants vision through more wards? While wards are undoubtedly effective, I remember in a bygone age that a Red said that you guys were experimenting with an item that gave a wandering chicken(?) pet. A mobile ward is arguably more interesting and provides more gameplay. Is that idea completely off the table at this point?
Hextech Chicken? It took an insane amount of micro for very little gain actually. While the concept was hilarious - it just didn't work out. You'd constantly have to manage the Chicken - but then you weren't really doing anything else important.

There will be alternative ways to gain vision or guess where enemy champions are.

Quote:
The old MBR gave a lot of carries the option of going Kogmaw style if the need ever arose, say mf vs mundo or just varus for the synergy.
No, it didn't. It gave you the illusion of an option. What it did was actually hurt your effectiveness at winning.

John McGuirk

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It's not a concern for me how much vision is on the map mostly because the maximal abuse case for vision has already been established - mass ward everywhere all the time. While this has generally been pretty bad - the time and ability it takes to completely black out your opponent's vision is the actual flaw with the mass vision setup. The possibility that you can black out your opponent and gain full vision meant that the best play was to starve the opposing support by killing the ward over and over again without taking action. By removing the ability to black out your opponent like this, we force teams that stalemate to try to break the stalemate through other means than the massive vision / counter-vision wars.

It's essentially a super slow and super safe way to achieve dominance over your opponent in a slow grindy fashion. When mass wards become powerful - the thing I'm worried about is actually teams wanting to use black-out tactics and take a million years doing so.
This actually makes a lot of sense in that context, but I still don't know that I'm sold on it.

Limited wards would never have "the possibility that you can black out your opponent and gain full vision" because you would never realistically have full vision of everything. And it eliminates the mass wards everywhere all the time, which you admit has "generally been pretty bad."

Also, is it possible the problem doesn't necessarily lie in the cost/acquiring of wards, but instead in the way they are cleared?

Tympanic

11-10-2012

I feel like Sight Stone could tentatively be picked up by 3 or 4 players on a team. Especially when the game is more competitive you can pretty easily break even on that item over a 30 minute game.

The obvious downsides being that you hedge your bets by sinking the money for the item upfront. But it comes back later with the upgrades

Ask Tyrant Swain

11-10-2012

I know this is out of context for this specific thread, but Haunting Guise. I don't need you to tell what you've done to it, but if you have done anything at all. Just, help me get rid of that itch please.

MaxCavalera870

11-10-2012

What will happen to Hextech Gunblade?