The "Stay in one group" tactic and "points are all that matter"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSarros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

This is a tactic I have tried to see people use in Dominion lately. Granted I play almost exclusively co-op vs AI, but this is still what I see. I personally think this is a horrible strategy, but i'd love people's opinions on it, as maybe this actually works. Though I can't possibly see how this would be a viable way to run a game, especially if you get into PVP.

The 'team leader' wants us to all stay in one group, go after each holding location one at a time. They will only attack enemies if they are on their way to the next location. If they come up behind and start to capture the post we just took they say "oh well, we'll take it back after we get this post."

The problem is most of the time the bots will control 3 of the locations for a fair amount of the game because all five people are moving just one post at a time.

this often leads to myself and/or one other trying to slow down the enemies so that we can control a majority of the map, which almost always gets responded with 'what the bleep? work as a team idiot!'

The other part that hurts this is people who feel points are all that matter.

Neutralize enemy location: 40 points, capture it, 40 points.
If you keep going after enemy point after enemy point and nothing else, 80 points.

Kills are 15 points, 30 on post. Assists are 10 points, 20 on post. 5 for post defence
so if you stay behind to try to keep the enemy from capturing the posts you just collected, you're getting at best half the points the others are.

End of game comes, two top people neutralized and captured 25 - 30 posts each
You did maybe 10, BUT you got 10-15 kills and maybe half that in assists, and you got no points in comparison

You get the 'you idiot, you nearly cost us the game' yelling, and told how does it feel to suck against bots and so on and so forth.

Stiff Tacos

11-08-2012

I am very confused.

You are asking our opinion on a strategy that you think is bad and that can only used against bots?

Whats the point? If you just want to cheese a co-op game for first win of the day or something, just pick heimer and put the turret under a tower for unlimited defense.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

If you have to take that kind of **** playing bots, you might as well take similar **** playing against people, and benefit by learning more about the game, and becoming a better player. Take it from someone who leveled most of his first account playing locked camera Kogmaw in co op vs AI when it was just the nine bot all stars.

Tempestphile

11-09-2012

staying in one group = good

staying in one group standing still and not responding to enemy = bad

Nyx87

11-09-2012

This amuses me, clearly i should be playing vs bots for better entertainment.