Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When does Darius's Ult Land?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zraven7

11-09-2012

Ok, can someone tell me when the damage from his ult is applied? Like, at which point in the animation? Because I was laning against him the other night, trading blows. He does the leap in his ult animation, I Flash away, he lands, I die.

Is the hit applied at jump apex? Does it have a ridiculously large hit box? Help me out here.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-09-2012

It applies when he lands. You'll see this happen with certain abilites, Skarner's ult for example. If you happen to cast it at just the right time he will pull back someone that flashes away too late.

The only way to prevent the damage after the animation has already begun is to disrupt it with CC. Possibly a spell shield like Sivir's or Banshies Veil (though I'm unsure of that).

It is a targeted ability, and unfortunately no matter how far away after the animation has begun the damage will still be applied. For instance TP/B'ing away just in time, you can still die after you've thought you'd escaped.

They recently did a fix for skarner which reduces the chance of this happening, however it still applies to Darius and others.

zraven7

11-09-2012

Thank you. That makes sense. So, it's targeted, meaning there is no area of effect, and stopping it is the only choice once your targeted.

So, if someone at Riot happens to be looking, is kinda goofy that an ax can still hurt you even if it doesn't touch you. Crazy ax, that one is.

Diz MW

11-09-2012

For Darius, breaking line of sight (for example, flashing into a patch of brush) will stop damage from being applied.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-09-2012

^ good to know, I don't play darius, nor do I fight him often to know that kinda stuff

mambawarrior0

11-09-2012

Quote:
KingSilas:
Possibly a spell shield like Sivir's or Banshies Veil (though I'm unsure of that).

I can personally confirm this from a game I had with Nocturne.

KamiKaraX

11-09-2012

I think Darius' ulti resets if it doesn't hit.
Not too sure though, can someone confirm?

TehomCD

11-09-2012

Quote:
KamiKaraX:
I think Darius' ulti resets if it doesn't hit.
Not too sure though, can someone confirm?

It's a cast, not a channel, so this is correct. How it works is if you cast an ability that doesn't create a projectile/missile at someone and they become an invalid target before the cast finishes (either by juking out of vision or by going untargettable by an ability like Vladimir's pool or Zhonya's Hourglass), the ability doesn't go on cooldown. If the cast finishes and you fire a projectile out at them, the ability will go on cooldown whether the ability successfully hits or not, though the only way they can evade it is by things like Vlad's pool/zhonya's/fizz polejump.

Rav Abaddon

11-10-2012

Quote:
TehomCD:
It's a cast, not a channel, so this is correct. How it works is if you cast an ability that doesn't create a projectile/missile at someone and they become an invalid target before the cast finishes (either by juking out of vision or by going untargettable by an ability like Vladimir's pool or Zhonya's Hourglass), the ability doesn't go on cooldown. If the cast finishes and you fire a projectile out at them, the ability will go on cooldown whether the ability successfully hits or not, though the only way they can evade it is by things like Vlad's pool/zhonya's/fizz polejump.

I want to add, I think beams count as projectiles. Nether Grasp goes on cooldown if you get stunned/silenced during the windup.

chaser676

11-10-2012

Quote:
ScorchXBanister:
I want to add, I think beams count as projectiles. Nether Grasp goes on cooldown if you get stunned/silenced during the windup.

These are being changed to leashes in season 3, I think.