Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TOP10 ELO

11-09-2012

RIP jungle

Jungle will become the worse wanted position, people will like to support more than to be killing mobs all game

Albireo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

How are the new items going to impact in lane?

Because, meanwhile i'm happy to see new ap jungle items, i feel it could break mid lane, as the state is it now, like wriggles is still a strong pick in top lane for brusiers (even if is not that common in competitive play)

Or make huge part of even more early dragon pressure due the mid laner can now, contribute with the jungler who already have a wriggles to stack damage, and make something like a 2 man, lvl 5 dragon or something like that.

This is my bigger concern about ap jungle items, not because i don't want ap junglers to be viable, but i don't want to see something like the old TT meta where if at least you did't have two wriggles, or even 3 you lose early dragon control too easily.

Porpeus

11-09-2012

Can't wait to try this on the fields of justice

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

11-09-2012

I quit jungling when the season 2 changes made all junglers into tank/supports or Shaco. Made it very boring, because if I wanted to play a support, I'd play a support. Hopefully this will put some zing into jungling again.

Ardrovan

11-09-2012

So, what about elise jungle?, is she any good in the new one?

Creativ Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

@statikk

So...Poppy in the jungle?
Also, does this mean Xin and Jarvan (even Shen?) are even better in the jungle now then?
Thank you,
Creativ

KlownWithDowns

11-09-2012

I'll be honest, these changes don't seem nearly as drastic as I was hoping.

The removal of leashes is an interesting choice to take and I can see that clearly impacting the current ridiculous meta of starting boots on support junglers and just camping lanes. At present, if you don;t have a team mate ward top lane at lvl 1, its likely you will give up FB if too aggressive. So this I really like. Jungling seems to finally have more risk reward involved with your champ/items/setup.

Couple of serious questions:

Will this close the jungle to low level summoners or do the new items allow them access but only with the most resilient junglers?

Do you plan to roll back a number of nerfs to a few junglers now that the meta will be forced to change? Best example is Alistar, his MS was nerfed(and needed) to try and tone down his lvl 2 ganking, but with these changes it will be unlikely he will be able to play like this without coming into lanes with half health and at risk to himself. This is just one example, but there are a number of champs that have been targeted because of the current meta.

Are there any changes to spawn/re-spawn times for jungle monsters and have you considered the idea of making their earliest spawn times later(lesser camps for example)? This seems like such an obvious move to control things like blue side golems bot lane as opposed to simply messing with their stats more. If taking jungle camps meant missing a wave of minions, this problem would be settled and the overall impact on junglers would be minimal.

Has the idea of remapping the jungle been considered? With all the talk about blue vs purple side, I was actually expecting some greater changes to be implemented to be honest, but these changes do sound well thought out and I can't wait to get my hands on them in game.

That's all that really comes to mind at present. Thank's for the updates and hope you have time to answer some of those questions for me ^_^

-Very grateful jungler.

Anime Jesus

11-09-2012

What about Jungle Jarvan? I feel he has such big mana problems already in the jungle that I can't use to many abilities or else I can't gank with him, with the minions being stronger and lack of leashing, I have a feeling he won't be very viable jungler anymore. =(

I already had bought philosopher stone for the mana regen and gp10 as first time, now I dont think even that will be enough...

TOP Ares

11-09-2012

shouldnt u make also a new item for junglers like maokai, amumu , skarner , etc since u decided to make them weak as junglers in the new season? coz with this new jungle u will just make them a poor decision as junglers, and then the role as jungle will be for single target champs and then junglers like mao,amumu, etc will stay in the shadows as the single target did before

shouldnt u balance both to make them viable for jungle and not only make single target dominate jungle , just make viable both single target and aoe champs

John2020

11-09-2012

Are Twitch and Evelynn still viable in the new jungle?