Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostZero

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby099 View Post
SUPRISE Party Fiddle, I get to use you again! so happy
Now people won't be mad at me for using my Warwick to jungle!

TOP10 ELO

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.
We aren't playing the same game for sure,

Sejuani has the most horrible scaling on her abilities

DrDivine

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosis View Post
Does this hurt Mundo's clear times?
Just max Q over W now and I think Mundo will do more than fine.

Iridos

11-09-2012

So leashing is back to being not a thing? Hm.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jax is actually one of the champions I feel has possibly become overpowered with the changes.

He has strong clearing speeds (Counter Strike for AoE and Empower and his passive for single target) and decent resilience (Counter Strike dodging) in the jungle. His ganks are scary because of Leap + Counter Strike stun. He also scales monstrously with the increased gold for later game.

We're monitoring him very closely.
You mean he wasn't OP already?

Orconem

11-09-2012

Quote:
It's hard to sum up since it can vary so much based on jungler type and performance.

Most internal game end results have shown that strong farm junglers (especially when factoring in successful ganks and lane sharing/covering) can keep up in gold with the lanes and often end up with experience levels slightly between the solo lanes and the duo lane.
I thought the jungle was intentionally nerfed during Season two to prevent the jungler from keeping up with lanes, because champs like Rammus or Udyr would end up out-leveling the solo lanes because of their fast clear times. Do you think this is going to be a problem again or will the increase in damage from jungle creeps prevent that from happening?

Lucina for SMASH

11-09-2012

Statikk, I'm more concerned about counter jungling situations. Is it worth stealing small camps at the early stages. Does the experience gain/gold gain from stealing worthwhile to get slightly beat up in the jungle?

værix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Do you guys have any plans to buff/remake baron with something more challenging, exciting as you did with tt.

Abbx

11-09-2012

Is anything happening with Baron or is he staying the same? Also, are Blue Buff/Red Buff having any changes in terms of how much of a buff they give, or what they give?

HolyChalice

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionKICK View Post
"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

So basically leashes won't exist anymore?
People need to stop asking this question and read a few pages damn.