Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZarethPanfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

How will these changes affect more counterjungle oriented champions such as Shyvana and Mundo? Won't the reduced AOE damage hurt them? :x

Skrapt

11-09-2012

Have the timers been changed or just the difficulty of the camps?

Mattarias

11-09-2012

Oooh. I wonder how Jungle Kayle is gonna be in S3...

Also, looks like I'll be able to jungle Irelia! Sounds fun!

Natalbee

11-09-2012

Hopefully the patch goes live within the next 2 or 3 days.. Tired of waiting..

Please stop teasing us with these updates!!

InsidiousIntent

11-09-2012

ok what about ap Evelyn jungle... she can easily do it as it is now... but i think those changes will just ruin her

manwhat

11-09-2012

Hey Statikk, it looks like most of the changes are positive. I like the increased gold and exp to make 'farming the jungle' possible.

But I'm worried about my new favorite, jungle Pantheon. Currently his jungle path is to go get blue (or sometimes red), then immediately gank at level 2. Then he might get wraiths and red and gank top or bottom, or even mid again (since he probably secured a flash last time). If he repeatedly fails ganking, then he falls way behind because of his slow overall clear and becomes just a walking teleport-stun.

What happens with jungle Pantheon now?

Jooma

11-09-2012

Is anything happening with Tiamat? Maybe turn into something jungle related? It's so sad to have an item exist that your instantly berated for if you take it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
24 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIsMyHomeboy View Post
Would it be safe to assume that the new jungle also indirectly gives Fiora a large buff then? Fiora and Jax have some pretty similar mechanics, they both have gap closer, a way to negate auto-attacks (Riposte for Fiora, Counter-strike for Jax), and AS steroids. The things that Jax has over Fiora are CC and AoE damage, but Fiora also has built in sustain with her passive to kind of off-set that.
I feel Fiora is significantly weaker than Jax in the jungle.

She has no AoE at all so the smaller monsters are a non-trivial time sink for her. Her resilience is much lower considering she only gets to negate 1 attack as opposed to the many Jax dodges at each camp. Additionally her ganks are significantly less scary due to no CC.

Nalitus

11-09-2012

Are camp respawn times being changed at all to reflect the higher exp rewards and gold gains?

ScorpionKICK

11-09-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

So basically leashes won't exist anymore?