Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumplstlskn666

11-09-2012

With this new jungle, will the jungle champs be able too keep up in levels much easier, instead of going into a lane and stealing some cs.

PoopSlapped

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

good stuff!

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Are there any plans to nerf the two best jungle items

HoG and Philo

Is the new jungle hard enough so you won't be able to clear with 2gp10
Is the incentive to steal from the jungler lowered so that you don't lose all your farm to the lane.

I feel so gold starved when I don't build these items.

Primanocte

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
To be completely honest with you, I don't think Volibear is a good jungler both on Live and in the new one currently in iteration. He feels currently much better suited for Top Lane.

Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.

Then how about you guys buff him so he can be a legit top lane choice and not some niche pick that is only good against a few champs. His whole kit screams jungler though, which is frustrating because he's so bad at it. I guess I shouldn't expect much since you guys have ignored him since the big nerf to his W after his release.

CloudCarry

11-09-2012

@statikk.. allow me to speak on a specialty of mine> bot lane is going to be negatively effected by this change. this essentially makes purple side jungler into a red start (if he wants his bottom lane to snowball)in competitive play: so purple side bot lane can take wolves.

purple side takes wolves very easily with graves janna and im going to bet that ezreal soraka will still be able to take mini golems quite easily on blue side still.

furthermore, soraka and janna are just too damn good at securing camps at lvl 1 with soraka providing a heal and armor buff and janna with her dmg and shield.

how do you intend to fix all of the numerous balance issues that were overlooked in testing that have yet to be discovered/brought to "lyte"?

XtremeApocalypse

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Actually just hopped on the internal server to do a jungle run with him.

To say the least, it's pretty impressive. His passive and Q debuff provide him with fairly good resilience in the jungle and the single target changes have definitely benefited his clear speed.

Couple this with what I know about late game Trundle with items (hint: it's pretty scary if he ults the right targets...), I think he has a better place in this new jungle.
Will Master Yi be pushed into viability? Or will he remain pretty bad?

Grey Verve

11-09-2012

The Wolf will return! Huzzah!

Fox P McCloud

11-09-2012

Stattik, are MR and armor shreds returning to Dragon and Baron? I always thought this provided interesting niche styles to gameplay and the removal of them was one of the major reasons Trundle fell out of favor for a competitive pick (I realize there's many reasons he wasn't played anymore).

Also, any buff changes or possible new buffs being added (or removed)?

Would you care to possibly reveal what the new Orb item does that is more for APs and tanks?

Also, side question: do you guys ever intend to add micro to pets in LoL? That is to say one day we can directly control things like Yorick's ghouls or Malzhar's voidlings for the duration they're up--this would definitely help with a few of their issue.

S3b1gut

11-09-2012

Do the new items and jungle changes discourages the build of gold per five on junglers?

MajesticFrisbee

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJetskis View Post
Statikk, PLEASE answer this question for me if you would be so kind.

All I want to ask is a question of clarity, so I'm hoping for a yes or no answer.

This thread is called Preseason jungle changes. Does this mean that we can expect these changes in the upcoming Zed patch, assuming it comes out very soon?
its inconsistant because sometimes people leash, the monster would keep trying to go after the leasher and just reset even when the jungler is attacking it.