Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-09-2012

So Jungle Brand?

Karn Bishop

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Well jungle pressure is a double-edged sword.

Why would you ever risk harassing or going for a kill on your lane opponent if you know their jungler is just going to pop out and take you down?
For the basket of cookies.

Gaurdian Angel

11-09-2012

this all sounds like very bad news for sejauni. who is already a very difficult jungle who has no lane potential. If you take away her jungle efficiency, she has nothing left. sigh. Sej never gets any riot love.

DaHyperMidget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

"So what you're saying is that junglers will now be able to farm up instead of always having to gank to become more effective in the game. Would it be fair to say that junglers will be better off controling the jungle instead of always making a presence in lanes?"

12fingerJIM

11-09-2012

I'm just gonna go and ask the same thing we've all been wondering: Jungle Annie, troll or viable?

Spleenseer

11-09-2012

Have you discovered any "surprise" junglers in your internal testing? Champions that work well in the new jungle but would be horrible for live?

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
To be completely honest with you, I don't think Volibear is a good jungler both on Live and in the new one currently in iteration. He feels currently much better suited for Top Lane.

Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.
Volibear in general seems kinda weak right now...he can counter some people but outside of that, he has such pathetic base stats and relies on sticking to a target to do anything. He also has way too many counters to his entire kit at the moment.

DeusVult

11-09-2012

i can ww jungle again. And Gp, and Tryn, and omg, I love old champs with single target jungle.

Looking forward to new masteries too.

Scarletteer

11-09-2012

So Statikk, how will Amumu do in the new jungle?

RexSaur

11-09-2012

I hope this will make junglers stop camping top lane, for real.

Cant play aggressively for the first 5 minutes or you die.