Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
19 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMech View Post
Honest I think this just made the game to passive, got to be optimistic though
Well jungle pressure is a double-edged sword.

Sure junglers can create action by ganking, but overbearing gank presence in and of itself causes lane passivity. Why would you ever risk harassing or going for a kill on your lane opponent if you know their jungler is just going to pop out and take you down?

kayfish

11-09-2012

monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
Umm mabey im reading this wrong but this sounds like leashing is taking a hit here.

Gentoon

11-09-2012

How's trundle? I got gold with him S1 and now he sucks. Tell me good things. (please)

Verliswolf

11-09-2012

waiting on masteries changes... please soon

Zhugan

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetaariis View Post
I have only one complaint about any of these changes and that's the following:

That's going to make leashing for a jungler much harder and almost impossible. Plus, this also means the players who want to wait in bushes to make sure invaders for stealing the jungle are seen soon enough won't be able to help effectively with a leash. I say get rid of that idea altogether because it ruins the meta not helps it. That's just my two cents, others will probably disagree.
That's the point. Leashing wasn't really an intended mechanic, and it made the start of the jungle too easy for some. Besides that, if lanes just stick around a while, the mobs will die fast enough that it won't matter anyway. It is a team game after all.

ungfh

11-09-2012

I've always thought Leona had a pretty good kit for ganking, but that her early clears were a bit underwhelming due to the fairly long cooldown on Eclipse. Do you think the focus on single target damage and the new jungle items will make her viable in the jungle? I'd like to be able to play her as something other than support.

Riot MilkManiac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Project Coordinator

11-09-2012

How about Trundle?

He's one of my favorite champions, but I haven't been able to play him at since the last jungle changes because he's outclassed in so many ways by almost every other jungler in the game. He use to be incredible in the old jungle because his passive allowed him to clear and still maintain most of his health. How is he looking in your tests because I really really want to be able to play him again and feel useful.

ASP DarkwyrD

Recruiter

11-09-2012

awwwwww does this mean no more jungle poppy?!? I'm sad now 8(

Sherrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-09-2012

So can I get a reasoning at why mini-buffs (like the old TT jungle wraiths and wolves) aren't viable on summoners rift?

BACKSTABUUU

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJetskis View Post
Statikk, PLEASE answer this question for me if you would be so kind.

All I want to ask is a question of clarity, so I'm hoping for a yes or no answer.

This thread is called Preseason jungle changes. Does this mean that we can expect these changes in the upcoming Zed patch, assuming it comes out very soon?
I'm pretty sure Xypherous already said that the preseason balance changes aren't going out next patch.