Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaHyperMidget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

So what you're saying is that junglers will now be able to farm up instead of always having to gank to become more effective in the game. Would it be fair to say that junglers will be better off controling the jungle instead of always making a presence in lanes?

CrimXen

11-09-2012

Hmm, how would this influence fiora? She was relatively weak before at jungle, and i don't see how she would be tweaked towards being a jungler.

Asdioh

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.
I would be ok with this.

Wodan

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalShadow View Post
Increasing the jungle damage to reduce low level ganks... Removing leash...
I wonder if those changes won't make junglers with shields or high sustain far superior to other junglers? Wouldn't that, then, actually reduce the amount of viable junglers?

Which is the opposite of the intended effect.

Combined with the single target focus shift...
I am thinking Tiger Stance Udyr will be able to shred the jungle and walk out mostly unscathed thanks to Turtle Stance... While Phoenix Stance falls into the abyss, never to be heard of again.

I am probably mistaken, but looking at these intended changes I feel like 2 or 3 junglers will severely outshine every other one for early ganking...and early ganks lead the dance.

Guess we'll see how it plays out. Meanwhile I'll go back to practicing my Tiger Stance Udyr ^_^
Tiger and Phoenix do comparable damage at level 1 unless you take AD runes. In which case I think they still do similar damage due to Phoenix giving you bonus AP. I'm not sure if the bonus AS of Tiger pushes it ahead (due to your auto attacks) but you should have comparable AA damage since Phoenix stance also gives bonus AD. In any case, I doubt that Phoenix will be ignored.

The only difference is that Phoenix does that damage over 5 seconds (which is within your stance CD) and Tiger does it in 2 seconds.

Beverice

11-09-2012

Twitch jungle viable now after the nerf to it?

Delnoir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmodan View Post
I don't understand why people are saying no more leashing...just alternate the champ that gets closest to the mobs, somewhat like when multiple people tank baron. Not hard, doesn't take much more time.
That would leave everyone involved damaged and that's not good when people get into the lanes. It would just be better for mid and bot to stay and wail on the blue or red for a few seconds. The trick now is knowing when to get out so the jungler gets the entirety of the XP. Quite frankly that scares the hell out of me because some people linger too long as is and I shudder to think of having mid AND bot/top stay too long and force the XP to be split three ways.

SerAuron

11-09-2012

oh ok. well i guess like everything else ill adapt to it.

j0shmo33

11-09-2012

So, leashing on red and blue buff now does nothing because the creeps will just attack the jungler anyways?

The Syrian Carry

11-09-2012

Will shaco still be as starved as he is in the current jungle?

Based God Marz

11-09-2012

So what end game stats do the spirit stone carry over? And if you can't answer that, is it intended to reduce our need for GP10s on tanky junglers and free up a slot?