Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RapZero

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Hecarim actually has the type of damage needed to clear the jungle. What I've found is that he eats up a fairly ludicrous amount of mana trying to do it at a consistent pace.
1 Udyr phoenix stance does more damage than about 4 hecarim Qs on jungle creeps.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalShadow View Post
Combined with the single target focus shift...
I am thinking Tiger Stance Udyr will be able to shred the jungle and walk out mostly unscathed thanks to Turtle Stance... While Phoenix Stance falls into the abyss, never to be heard of again.
The old jungle was more suited to single target sustainers than AoE clearers, and even then, Pheonix Udyr was the best Udyr from a purely clearing standpoint. I'm pretty sure they don't want to go back to what the jungle used to be, I would expect some sort of compromise between the old jungle and the present jungle.

XDG Rev

11-09-2012

this is awesome

vokkyt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Do movement speed quints become less attractive in the new jungle? Quite a few champions without a real gap closer and skillshot CC utilize them for that extra oomph to catch up during ganks. I know that there is talk of adjusting starting itemization to provide more attractive options besides boots+pots, but quite of few of the boots+pots+MSquint junglers have a pretty dismal base movement speed as is.

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPfunman View Post
Ok so I found a way to clear all the jungle camps as amumu with no issue. The thing is, if the jungle camps deal more damage, I will no longer be able to do this. I love my amumu jungle because of how effecient I have been able to make it, but now will I have to b after like 2 camps or something because of increased camp damage? Could we maybe get like a spell vamp early jungle item? That could help alot...
Max E over W, the initial 2 damage reduction helps out a lot, and the ability still does amazing damage. Also your passive weakens camps because of MR reduction, distributing an AA or two around the camp should help. Already a great jungler, need to wait for changes

Get Swoll Son

11-09-2012

Quote:
Definitely keeping my eye on several cases like Nautilus. Because his utility and ganks are top of the line, his clears should certainly still be somewhat painful compared to junglers who don't bring those strengths.

We'll be taking a look at junglers across the board and making champion specific changes where necessary. Slightly buffing up the early game of tank junglers such as Rammus and Nautilus (who were in some ways overnerfed due to the current jungle meta) is certainly not out of the question.
Nautilus will need buffs to his first 3-4 levels. Guaranteed. He's just way too squishy ... and without a leash, forget it.

As for Sejuani ... I'd imagine it will be impossible to kill the blue buff now, without a ton of damage put on it.

Anyway, in general, I like the sound of these changes ... but stopping leashing? I just don't see why that's either necessary or desirable. Just seems like dumbing down :/

Samenko

11-09-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

So, mid lane can't pull anymore. Owie.

Ultros

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
No more leashing? This actually greatly reduces the number of possible squishy junglers, especially when the damage the camps do has also been increased. I already could barely finish blue without a leash as a few champs...

I feel that leashing was a positive for the game mostly, if just for the fact that you're inspiring the players to work together at the very start of the game. Not sure why it was seen as a problem.

RAP1D

11-09-2012

So basically if you get counter-jungled, you're screwed.

Synthesse

11-09-2012

Will unconventional junglers like Leona and Blitzcrank be able to jungle with the new itemization? or will it be even worse than before due to the increased difficulty of camps?