Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kibidiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I am a regular of the jungle across my games and although I havent actually played in the new jungle yet I am a little bit nervous for the changes. I usually play jungles that are relatively uncommon, hopefully it doesn't effect me too much.

Cyrad

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_09_Jungle_Changes/kassadin_post.jpg[/aws3]
  • Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
  • Wraith camp gold rewards have been reduced and golem and wolf camp gold rewards have been increased to better match their respective difficulty and convenience
  • The wraiths have reduced attack range and the large wraith has been repositioned within the camp to force mid laners to commit more when farming them for extra gold
  • The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane
Didn't anyone notice this? This means no more leashing.

Circuit Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.

Sorry, but I call bs on this one, sej lacks the defense stats a tank needs and struggles in the current jungle, and she doesn't really scale well due to lacking the defensive stats or solid cc except her ult, and since malph, lee and gragas need aspd, obviously morello thinks sejuani doesn't, so how does she somehow do better in a harder jungle

CountSmudgimus

11-09-2012

You wont be able to leash properly anymore with the minions attacking the closest target. Thats going to suck, losing more health early and also taking more time from your laners to help you out....

Im sure it will work out... just...

Elodin

11-09-2012

I'm a bit mixed on the change based on which champions I play.

Specifically, I'm really wondering how this is going to affect Riven, as of right now she's all about getting the early ganks going because she HAS to snowball early on when jungling or she falls behind. This might be fixed by the camps having increased gold, but at the same time her Broken Wings will be less effective at clearing camps quickly.

I'm happy however that when I jungle Elise I won't feel like I'm gimping myself compared to top lane, and it'll be nice to have to worry less about Annie mid (Really like her).

Shaanez

11-09-2012

But that also means no leashes

FxFunctions

11-09-2012

This change is actually pretty stupid. "Jungle monsters now attack the person closest" which means no more leashing for junglers. Coming from a jungler perspective, this change is huge and is also a nerf.

Karn Bishop

11-09-2012

Quote:
Yes, there is a Spirit Stone upgrade that is aimed towards tanks.
Question no.2: will enemy invades be harder to pull off? I.E are you changing the design of the jungle to give the home team the advantage? in case its not clear i'm talking about stuff like garens bushes and the walls that separate camps.

Skury420

11-09-2012

Will we be seeing ADC+SUpports in the jungle, as a safer alternative to laning now, and seeing smite as more of a support skill/ oh **** buff secure button, and have 3 tank chars in lanes?

Also, yorick jungle op?

DuckyFriend

11-09-2012

Is Lee Sin still strong in the new jungle? Seems like you missed my old question, so I'm asking it again.
I'm pretty sure he still is, but I'm not perfectly sure....