Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big B1rd 47

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
You'd be surprised because Karthus does an insanely high amount of single target damage once he isolates the big monster (after the small ones die to the AoE).

He also benefits heavily from the addition of a few new jungle items that are aimed towards AP.
You mean you can actually jungle Karthus... my God...

Chaosos

11-09-2012

How're Jarvan and Trundle faring in the new Jungle?

Nihel

11-09-2012

Jungle brand still rocks?

Tobias Funkeln

11-09-2012

These changes are both interesting and terrifying simultaneously, but no one will really know how it all plays out until they're finally implemented.

I'm actually quite happy about the leash changes. I actually think it'd be an interesting change if blue/red starts at level 1 become hard to do/need team coordination. Frankly smiteless first buff then running over to second buff for a quick level 3 is simply too powerful of an early lead.

I don't quite know how I feel about them "nerfing" early game pressure as I almost always gank level 2-3, but it might make the game more interesting. In an even match up, especially in the top lane, an early gank can literally decide the outcome of the lane.

I hope the changes don't pidgeonhole us into few options of viable junglers. S2 jungle allowed some pretty ridiculous jungler choices so I'm all for the number being reduced, but please no 2-3 viable junglers.

If Udyr/WW/Lee are the only viable junglers like S1, I'm leaving for dota2 100%. Warwick is by far the most boring champion to play in the game.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
16 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
so.. statikk can kassidin jungle now?
No not really. =/

LethalShadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Increasing the jungle damage to reduce low level ganks... Removing leash...
I wonder if those changes won't make junglers with shields or high sustain far superior to other junglers? Wouldn't that, then, actually reduce the amount of viable junglers?

Which is the opposite of the intended effect.

Combined with the single target focus shift...
I am thinking Tiger Stance Udyr will be able to shred the jungle and walk out mostly unscathed thanks to Turtle Stance... While Phoenix Stance falls into the abyss, never to be heard of again.

I am probably mistaken, but looking at these intended changes I feel like 2 or 3 junglers will severely outshine every other one for early ganking...and early ganks lead the dance.

Guess we'll see how it plays out. Meanwhile I'll go back to practicing my Tiger Stance Udyr ^_^

Redeemed RivĂȘn

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No not really. =/
Simple solution, buff kassadin.

Fiestero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Please, jungler tryn, is he back? tell me something, i miss him

Jynetik

11-09-2012

Hey there StatiK as a dedicated Jungler I have a few concerns about some of the champions that I play and I would be really appreciative if you could address some of them (the changes overall sound fantastic).

Shyvana - She is currently one of the fastest clearing junglers in the game which allows her to make up for her really poor early game ganking ability and get to level 6 where she can then have some influence. She does this largely through strong AoE damage, how do you feel shyvana stacks up in the new jungle as a result of the changes?

Skarner - Another AoE centric champion who has to burn through a lot of mana to get any serious damage done to some jungle camps.

Elise - This is my big concern, I started jungling Elise right out of the gate and have been having a really fun time with her, but her sustain is just borderline good enough to allow her to jungle effectively in the current Season 2 jungle. Will Elise still be a viable jungle pick in Season 3?

M3rc3n4ri0x

11-09-2012

ok i'm so angry now... so more exp and gold? then amumu, udyr, jax, rammus maok, etc, are going to clean the jungle gank and recall...
and hec skarner , kha, eve, etc, are going to do 3 camps, recall buy boots and pots, do 3 more camps, recall again get a doran's and then gank?
i hate this... just hate this... riot please think in the weak junglers plz!