Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Economicz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

jungle poppy?? she CANNOT lane right now

Karn Bishop

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No it currently costs 300g meaning you can start with 5 Health Potions (numbers subject to change before release).

The Hunter's Machete actually has no raw stats but instead increases your damage dealt to jungle monsters by a % and also adds bonus true damage to your basic attacks against jungle monsters.

The item then branches off into 2 upgrade paths one being Madred's Razor and the other being a new item focused more towards non-autoattack based champions called the Spirit Stone.
Question, if you were playing nautilus would you consider building a spirit stone? does it provide benefitial stats to a jungle tank champ like him?

SharksAreCool

11-09-2012

Can we expect any Hecarim changes to make him viable in this new jungle? It doesn't sound like he will be.

Zeikxx

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LothlÝrien View Post
Nice job riot, you just ****ed over so many jungle champs. Making the golems do more damage + screwing leashing means that some junglers will not survive the jungle without team mates spending a ridiculous amount of time helping with the buffs. BUT this new item may counter that. For now though, I will be staying out of the jungle.
yeah jungle garen is going to be destroyed by this for sure

Jassu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So...is this going to be a jungle necessity? Sounds like it. Like not taking Smite, you CAN jungle without it, but you'll be worse off.
Sounds more like a new way to start your item build, which could potentially be good. If done right, it allows for additional variance for what certain junglers choose to start with each game, where each set of starting items has an associated intention for what the jungler wishes to do in the early stages of the game.

Zerksys

11-09-2012

How do AOE clear junglers without a ton of sustain work now? My favorite junglers were always skarner, shyvana, and dr. mundo. I would think that they would be pretty hurt by these changes.

Blaine Tog

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LothlÝrien View Post
Nice job riot, you just ****ed over so many jungle champs. Making the golems do more damage + screwing leashing means that some junglers will not survive the jungle without team mates spending a ridiculous amount of time helping with the buffs. BUT this new item may counter that.
Looks like you answered your own question there.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent."

Not sure how to feel about this, leashing could take a real hit, but at the same time, no more annoying resets. I suppose it'd be more good than bad, now Mid can stick around and help instead of having to hit it once then run in fear of resetting the monster.

Grand Eleven

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderfang View Post
(Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent)

No more leashes?
Is it really too much to ask to cycle through the red posts before asking this?
HINT: He answered this.

DarkChibiman

11-09-2012

Won't people still gravitate to gank-heavy junglers? I mean most people just see the jungle as a means to be able to gank. I feel this will overall reduce the viable roster of junglers as people value those who [clear well, with little health loss, and are still able to gank] more highly than all others.