Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Idgarad

11-09-2012

I'll give it my blessing when I see Twisted Fate jungling again.

Chubz v3

11-09-2012

YAY good jungles

LeBIink

11-09-2012

Fiddlestick: Happy Birthday!

Gyges Skyeye

11-09-2012

Statikk, I know you guys still have a bunch of items to reveal but I was wondering if an item can be created to fill the gap that certain squishier characters would feel now that leashing is dead.

With the death of leashing, there is now room to have an item that fills the void for squishy junglers. More or less take the level up effect of Catalyst the Protector and stick it onto a 475 gold jungle dorans variant. It would end up providing a more reliable heal than a boots 3 pots start while not providing the movement speed bonus. Whether or not such an item would build into anything later would be a matter of balancing.

SableEcho

11-09-2012

Here I was hoping jungle would finally count as a real role instead of just slap a wriggles on any ad or revolver on ap and call em a jungler

GhostStalker

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siyanor View Post
Xyph already talked a little about AD caster items in general. Not specifically for junglers, though.
Not good enough. I need to know if the items are going to make him better than he is now. A yes or a no from a red will put me at ease. For some reason I feel like Static isn't very sure quite yet. He feels hesitant. IF he didn't mention specifics it means they don't quite know yet.

I need to "know". For sure.

**EDIT**

THey say they are fixing assassins, but I've only see very little on that end with the armor pen items that are coming.

Opreich

11-09-2012

By the way, poor wording in saying the 'coming patch'.

Don't want anyone to get the idea that these are in the Zed patch.

Phyrexia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I can see it now:

Blue Team's support is going to be expected to be beaten to a pulp/take a death so the AD can kill the golems. It doesn't give the enemy team extra gold, it gives the support the chance to buy extra pots/a ward from the natural gold gain + masteries/runes and the ADC gets some extra solo gold/exp.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

HadesStreet

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_09_Jungle_Changes/kassadin_post.jpg[/aws3]

To combat this spike in jungle difficulty, we’re introducing several jungle-specific items to the game. For example, Hunter’s Machete is a great starting item which can be purchased at the beginning of the game to help you efficiently clear jungle. It also eventually upgrades into multiple build paths that include several of your favorite mid game jungle items such as Madred’s Razor and Wriggle’s Lantern.

As usual, we’re open to making changes as things develop, and we want to hear your feedback on both new junglers and your standbys as you experiment. Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment once you’ve hit the Fields of Justice!
I'd imagine Hunters Machete has an on-hit damage effect similar to those listed items?

Tazokh

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamaquillo View Post
Read all of the red posts in here please before asking already-answered questions. If you went through Statikks earlier posts, you'd know that it just means you can't leash and leave. you can still leash by sticking around close by and attacking, but now its a tradeoff between who is going to take the damage: laner or jungler, because someone will have to take it. Can't just leash and leave.
there is like 40 ppl posting every minute...ill be happy if the main got Edited with the answers than read everything...time my friend..