Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baneson

11-09-2012

Wondering how champions with sustain is affected by these changes? Thinking of my beloved Nocturne here whose passive was nerfed due to his high sustain. Will these nerfs be redacted since the creeps deal more damage now?

Wet Spoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post

• Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent
  • Wraith camp gold rewards have been reduced and golem and wolf camp gold rewards have been increased to better match their respective difficulty and convenience
  • The wraiths have reduced attack range and the large wraith has been repositioned within the camp to force mid laners to commit more when farming them for extra gold
  • The golem camps monsters have increased movement speed to make them less vulnerable to kiting, especially early on by the blue side bottom lane
about the first one in this list; doesnt it mean there is no point of leashing for the jungler anymore? doesnt this mean that the jungler would more likely be executed and be useless?

Chamaquillo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtvaraHellkite View Post
more info pls. Statikk pls
What He said

Tylendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Eleven View Post
I'm really curious how this is supposed to increase the potential jungle pool.

Aside form tuning down the health of the lesser mobs in camps, every other tweak seems to restrict the jungle role rather than expand it.

I get that you want aoe to be less of a factor ... I also get why you tweaked up the risk on golems and wraiths so lanes can't carelessly farm them and further starve the already starved jungler. But to in-turn buff up the neutral monster danger reads like it will effectively cut out a LARGE chunk of the champ population .... much more so than removing aoe requirements will add to it.

There are already tons of champs that simply don't function in the jungle because with out a strong leash they come out far too weak after blue/red to do anything but port (if not die outright if they don't use smite). By killing leashing entirely you are forcing a melee jungle champ to take _increased_ damage (because you raised that too) for a longer period of time. Champs will need to basically start with cloth and a full 21pt defensive tree in order to stay viable ... or maybe you want them sporting smite+Barrier now so they can soak the initial damage and be forced to give up smite? But that gives up a gap closer ...

While the allowing of single target damage to be successful is nice ... as is gold ... it just seems like the door was opened for tanks (who could handle it anyway) and closed for assassins.
Since they mentioned they're also increasing how strong the jungle gets as the game progresses, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it so damage was actually lower at the very start, to at least let the jungler get some momentum going. Or not, as I suppose that would ruin the removal of early ganks.

Stonewall008

11-09-2012

Quote:
You can think of it that way, except the item doesn't dead end and instead eventually builds up to a couple of mid-tier items.
Since it evolves into madred's and wriggles - I'm hoping this item isn't rng based. We need more information on it.

chrisluissanc1

11-09-2012

carefull with zyra. ap jungle buffs and her plants whitch will be targeted over herself? i thnik she needs a special eye on her

AgentMoshimo

11-09-2012

How about Hec. He will need some buffs to keep up early game now.

DemiluniS

11-09-2012

Quote:
It's interesting since Malzahar's void pets now do tank for him.

When we first initially implemented the new leashing changes, champions with pets that could tank for them like Malzahar and Shaco would literally clear the entire jungle without taking a scratch. Since then, we've had to make jungle monsters deal some amount of bonus damage to pets and we're still trying to fine tune the number to make sure having pet tanks is an advantage but doesn't necessarily mean jungle invincibility.
what about Elise? her spiderlings work the same way in the new jungle?
Quote:
How about Hec. He will need some buffs to keep up early game now.
yeah, what about hec? he's early game is not the best now, do you think of tweaking him a bit?

CupcakeTrap

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMinecraft View Post
How will the extra gold be allocated?

In my experience junglers only really own their jungle for the first 10 minutes or so of a match, at which point the rest of the team starts taking camps and buffs and the jungler has more opportunities to farm the lanes.

Will junglers be able to get more gold early on, or will they have to wait until later for the rewards to kick in?
I suspect the idea is to make jungle monsters both more valuable and more difficult, so that they're not just bags of gold and XP that anyone can wander over and take. The economy might still mandate that junglers give the gold and XP to others, but it will at least require an investment of energy by the jungler to do so.

cKute

11-09-2012

Mage jungling. Please. <3