Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CCC Powerhead

11-15-2012

primal udyr is baaaaaack

TheyCallMeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

test

Robo sphincter

11-15-2012

Harder jungle for lower levels? pshaw

ltachi

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
She's honestly not in a great spot at the moment in terms of jungling. We had to tune her with a razor's edge due to her stealth gank potential in the old jungle and that makes her have a very difficult time in this new jungle. Fortunately, Eve has found viability in mid lane so it's not like she's completely out of options. Will probably revisit her if there is a need to.
Do it! DFG Nerf and halfing the scaling of her ultimate was overkill on her!

Jeune Saucisse

11-16-2012

I'm scared of not being able to jungle with Shaco anymore...

Mu?hro°mT´p

11-16-2012

Can u please make spirit stones mana reg. effect on energy junglers such as lee sin. At the moment he is my favourite but since wriggles is a wasted item on him in my opinion, and after reading all the spirit stone stats, They sounds amazing! but then I wont get all of my moneys worth for that item.

Crusalis

11-18-2012

Increase creep damage

You nerfed them so hard because of your bi-polar balancing

Also thank you for making jungling even more of a boring task

Shinjusuke

11-18-2012

Back to the subject of Kha'Zix, how can you guys just take a blatant jungle champion, who is based on the concept of versatility, and just take it in stride when you don't think he can play any way but one in the jungle? I mean does the simple.. I don't know... facepalm of that not occur to you guys?..

And restraining myself here to the jungle subjects (which is hard seeing as Morello has opted not to answer any questions or feedback on the thread about the new items), but some of these new item design choices just.. don't make sense. Namely the ultra-buffing of poison champs through Liandry's Torment, nerfing of most of the other AP champs main items, the buffs to melee champs that'll make Fiora and Jax frankly ridiculous, and so on...

The reason I mention those items here in the jungle section is this: Whether Riot just got bored with the meta and/or their game, or not, changing SO much of this game at once just seems to be, frankly, a bad design choice that'll result in months of completely overpowered and underpowered problems that'll go unaddressed until they're played in championships, and the amount of junglers that are just plain massively affected, whether in a good or bad way, is just appalling. How that can't be obviously a soon-to-be-issue to anyone in the Riot staff is surprising to both me personally and quite frankly every person on my friends list who's played longer than a month or two.

I really just want to know, despite the fact that these new changes are on the PBE, is Riot actually serious this time when they say things like "we'll keep an eye on _____"? Because it REALLY seems like they just say that to appease the community, since they were going to "keep an eye" on Darius, and "keep an eye" on Morello's Evil Tome when they gave it a healer-slaying active (which they have now turned into a passive ability that turns Mundo, Swain, and Vlad into useless members in a teamfight if they ever go below half HP).

Kyrbie

11-19-2012

I'll just ask out of the blue. What's going to happen with Heimerdinger?
Since he isnt very viable in mid because he has many counters and is very dependant on placement due to his turrets.

I guess he wont be viable in new jungle either, if his turret will be destroyed faster by golem so he wont regenerate a nother turret in time, although the second one could overtake aggro (if its nearer?). With raising gold/xp he could get viable though from the moment he gets 2turrets, since they can easily take over aggro and finish off, while heimer is off to the next camp. With him getting some more basic movement speed he might even get good ganks, if he hits the stun and lands rockets, which do rather high dmg.

So in short: will Heimerdinger get viable in jungle (or atleast playable?) or do you have any thaughts about him getting a position in the game?

Renzoukan

11-19-2012

I wonder who will become viable once more and who gets left in the dust with jungling.