Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuoMao

11-13-2012

Now while we know Champion level will not matter, what about summoner level? Since you're upping the damage, will we HAVE to have the runes and masteries to jungle?

I quite enjoy playing jungle Amumu, but if I have to wait until I hit 30 to do it, I'll be a level 30 jungler with no training whatsoever at actually jungling.

Deceiver9811

11-13-2012

If I say anything that has been addressed, or proven false, forgive me, I have no desire to skim through over 100 pages just to be sure I'm not ignorant or repeating what has already been said.

QUEUE WALL OF TEXT

They want to make the jungle more diverse, so they increase the health of the large jungle creeps, increase the damage, and they introduce a "Quality of Life" change, that makes leashing red or blue impossible? "Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target, rather than attempting to chase their original attacker", unless this only applies to wriaths, wolves, and golems, which would make significantly more sense, you cannot leash a red or blue buff anymore without tanking damage, and since they do increased damage, that's really not an option. The best you can get is extra damage, but you're going to have to tank the buff from the start, which means you cannot start wolves or wraiths anymore, which will slow down clear times universally. It also means that champions who cannot absorb high damage at lvl 1, or sustain like WW or Fiddle, will find the new jungle to be very difficult.

This really only affects the first run of the jungle, but it still limits the viability of junglers quite severly. For example, we may not see Mundo jungle anymore because he can't really start with Burning Agony. The damage he takes from that, the stronger buffs, and the inability for a leash means he probably won't have enough health to continue the jungle, though this is still assuming that Blue and Red will attack the nearest player as is suggested, and I doubt he'll do enough damage to clear with Cleaver, or Masochism. As a result he may disappear from the competitive scene entirely, as he's rarely seen top lane.

I have a few suggestions on changes to the jungle personally.

1) Remove the small lizzards from the blue/red camps. They were already not a threat at all, and were simply annoying, as you had to clear them to clear the camp. With their health being reduced even further, and likely their gold reward as well, it would be best to simply remove them.
2) The "Quality of Life" Changes regarding the jungle AI targeting the closest player should not apply to blue or red. Already explained my reasons above.
3) Make Madreds Razor/Wriggles procs more reliable or remove the RNG entirely. It's never fun to accidentally steal a buff due to a wriggles/Madreds proc, it will also make some junglers more viable, as they'll have a reliable source of single target damage that they wouldn't normally have otherwise.

mandime27

11-13-2012

How will tryndamere be ?

JohnyBeggod

11-13-2012

Have you tried using a ranged jungler, and then someone leashes and keep very close to the wall so that the distance between the leasher and the buff are smaller than the jungler and the buff?

AWTom1

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exKonvict View Post
With the new Jungle,

Teams are now warding enemy and ally jungles early in game. Sometimes even 4-5 wards early game.

With early vision and the jungler being lower life, do you think the jungle meta could switch to instead of the jungle ganking the lanes. The lanes ganking the jungler?
Yeah, it looks like the jungle is becoming a 4th lane :P

shinisaMONSTER

11-13-2012

I definitely like these little changes, hopefully it makes the game a little more interesting!

EorLKeLL

11-13-2012

**** new jungler !!

haroldosmith

11-13-2012

I only know what the item after halloween 3x go back, their name is Armor of Thorns, Wriggle Lantern and Guardian Angel, because without them there is only beaten has strategic, ai only takes a champion to sign Darius, Jax Lee Sin, Olaf, Rengar, Tryndamere and Xin Zhao etc. .. just out killing everything! Because tanks that help team does nothing nor tank support, because you take the item from them or I'll have to find another game has strategic game?

The Titans Fist

11-13-2012

Hunter's machete, lame. It should be Doran's machete.

ThridTimer

11-13-2012

so u can't leash anymore????